Xbox One vs PS4 vs Mobile GPUs

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Any_Key, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

2. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Not so different if you don't want it to be.

Steam Big Picture Mode. Windows 8 Metro UI. :laugh:

Waayyy more PC exclusives.

Xbox 360 controller...

...plug laptop into TV. Done.

TBoneSan likes this.
  3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Fixed it for you ;).

Whatever you say chief!
    [​IMG]

Jarhead likes this.
  4. Cloudfire

Cloudfire (Really odd person)

Reputations:
    Its not the same with using a PC with Windows anyway. Although PC got more exclusives, there are many many fun games that isnt available PC.
    Emulation brought some Nintendo games to PC that I had fun playing with a nunchuck, but the experience was still not the same. Many settings, booting up Windows and launching various programs, frame drops etc.

Steambox and Alienware Alpha was suppose to be death to consoles but neither of them interest me.

5. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Steambox not out yet and Alienware Alpha overpriced and under-speced as expected.

6. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Nothing can 'kill' consoles. Nothing. Why? PSN/Xbox Live - that's why. People have invested too much into these services to let them go. Just like with Steam. I have far too many games on Steam to ever abandon PC gaming in favour of consoles. It won't ever happen now. They have all learnt the art of turning customers into lifetime revenue streams. None more so than Valve and the mighty Gaben, who have mastered this to perfection. Who would ever give up their gazillion Steam games for consoles? It will never happen. Also, the friend network is a huge factor. If all of your mates are playing on PS4, you aren't going to go to PC if you are a fan of multiplayer games. Also the hugely important fact that some people just love the simplicity of consoles and PC can never be as simple to operate as a console, ever - a modular open platform will always have more strange quirks and added complexity than a closed one.

On topic: I think that the 980M will favour well in comparison to the PS4 versions of multi-platform games. 780M is already powerful enough to have a slight edge over the PS4, even without DX12. Are we at the point where the most powerful mobile GPUs can run games at 60fps that run on the PS4 at 30fps with comparable settings?

killkenny1 and maxheap like this.
  7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This doesn't matter if there are console exclusives someone wants to play, it's still up to the individual.

That's why you just use both.. ;) Why so absolute that at has to be one or the other? I like games, all games.. All platforms..

Cloudfire and maxheap like this.
  8. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Not everyone has enough money to go for all platforms. I certainly don't seeing as I invest all my spare money into beastly (and very expensive) laptops :p

killkenny1 likes this.
  9. marcos669

marcos669 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I find quite amusing that some people think that there is come kind of hidden power in the new consoles, this consoles are x86, so they don´t have to learn how to program for them, because they are just computers.

Uncharted 4 is good, but not THAT good, it has a great artistic design though, that makes it look better than really is. Also is easier to do good graphics on a linear and script game than for example a Sandbox game

10. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The XBOX One is better than the PS4.

Just when you thought the thread was going to be buried in the next page... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.