X7 DT v6 release date?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by mobiousblack, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The construction doesnt have the strenght unfortunately as most of the other laptops. The keyboard tray is still that cheaply made plastic inlay to save costs of machining palmrests with keyboard layouts for various regions. They now just machine 1 and use a different plastic inlay. Those type of things show that Gigabyte is cost cutting everywhere they can.

2. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    FYI I am being told this product x7 V6 dt should start showing up Mid October.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

3. MSH94

MSH94 Newbie

Reputations:
    what do u think about this laptop ?http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9873s-clevo-p870dm3.html?startcustomization=1 compared to the x7 v6 dt

4. kindel

kindel Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the n9873s right now. It has a TN display which kinda sucks. I'm probably going to return it and get the x7 dt v6, but only if it has an IPS/PLS screen. Aorus' site mentions that it has a widescreen display, but doesn't specify

5. errlala

errlala Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I received my Aorus X7 DT V6 yesterday morning and been toying with it since.
    I've posted some benchmarks and info on the Aorus gaming laptop forums.
    http://forum.aorus.com/forum/gaming-laptops/39686-just-ordered-x7-dt-v6-should-arrive-tomorrow
    Can check it out if you're interested in this laptop.

FYI it's a 3k 120hz TN panel. 72%ntsc. IMHO it's better for gaming than a 4k screen. If you're looking for IPS screen there should be a variant of it sometime soon, or you can go with the Razer Pro 1080gtx with the 4k IGZO screen. That's 100% Adobe RGB. Though you'll be going with the lower clocked CPU and a bit more expensive too.
    The Aorus keyboard is actually not too bad now that I've had a day with it. Rather snappy feedback.
    Thermals are good too, though the vapor chamber on the Razer certainly sounds like it'll be the quieter one - the Asus G752vy with the vapor chamber was really quiet for me.

Charles P. Jefferies likes this.
  6. Entionz

Entionz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey, glad to see you're enjoying the laptop! I have a few questions about it. How is the screen hinge strength? Is there any keyboard flex? This'd be a fun unit to repaste with liquid metal.

7. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I just posted over the other topic about this machine and I am pleasantly surprised with the review. It does seem like a solid improvement from Aorus, and both thermals and performance are alright. I was skeptical due to the thickness (specially on the Razer) but it seems like with a slight drop in performance, they can manage good thermals overall.

Build quality seems solid though I haven't tried it... I am just basing this over the review haha :) and I like the screen. I wish more machines had that 1440p screen, 120hz.

ALLurGroceries likes this.
  8. GTVEVO

GTVEVO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I agree, this machine is really looking pretty pleasant for the package. I am not one for thin stuff but if you are looking for something in the category of thin and powerful its a top selection. I just watched the review provided by GentechPC on youtube, Excellent and as always!

GenTechPC likes this.
  9. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Considering buying this laptop mainly for software developmment but also some gaming. Is there any difference between the X7 V6 and the X7 V6 DT when it comes to generated heat, fan noise etc when running in "low power mode", ie not doing anything that really required the GPU to do anything but to render "static images"? I guess it comes down to if the low power mode of the 1080 is worse than the low power mode of the 1070 as I imagine cooling etc is similar between the two?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.