X7 DT v6 release date?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by mobiousblack, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have tested various laptops without owning them so yes I have the experience. How else woul dI know that All these Aorus laptops which are advertised as laptops with an aluminum chassis arent actually fully aluminum and just plastic frames with some aluminum sheets on top ;)

Also the P34Wv3 and P35W topics are filled with issues.

With Aorus laptops the screenlid is especially a weakness. Documented by some other youtubers as well

Hardwarecannucks also mentioned the weak screenlid in one of this reviews.

Also they use the same cheap keyboard trays out of very thin plastic as the Gigabyte laptops

In my opinion the reviews on this website are by far not critical enough about the actual build quality of these laptops.

My own Gigabyte P34W v3 issues which all 3 models that I actually owned had (came from 3 different stores as well

The worst build quality out of these brands I tested and or owned past years (Clevo, Alienware, Dell, MSI, Samsung, Apple)

MSH94 likes this.
  2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Back up your statements in your posts with evidence as you just did, going forward.

Charles

3. Gear332

Gear332 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyway, I'll be interested to see when reviews start showing up for this as well. I currently have a P37W and the keyboard is my bigger complaints about it. It's a bit on the flimsy side as seen in rinneh's videos. It looks like the new X7's have a different keyboard, though, so I'll be interested to see if it's improved.

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Saw the latest Aorus machines at a computex stand at IFA and the XMG stand at IFA. They didnt make them more reliable at all. ONce I closed an X7 screen lid I heard it creaking everywhere. While I waslooking closer I saw the bezel popping out while moving the lid. The keyboards still had a lot of flex etc Seams where not closing nicely etc. Gigabyte really starts to up their quality control game.

5. boysangur

boysangur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is this real life? Aorus owners can confirm that the build quality is this bad?

6. Gear332

Reputations:
    I don't have an Aorus, but I have a Gigabyte. As I said before, I'm not a huge fan of the keyboard. It flexes quite a bit. The layout of it is pretty good though. I've had it for over a year and a half and the black finish has worn off where my left wrist sits, which I think was caused by my fitness tracker on that wrist, and then it's also worn off a bit on two of the corners where the rubber around the screen touches. Overall, I think the build quality is decent. I think the Alienware 17 I had before this had worse build quality. The Alienware actually arrived with one of the keys already broken. I have noticed the chassis flex on the Gigabyte that was previously mentioned, but don't really see it as much of an issue. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but you can bend it back pretty easily so it's straight again.

7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    owners in general tend t be more positive is my experience. Until they have to return it. Or else they wouldnt buy it ofcourse. In the end, I can only advice you to go to a store and check them out in person. I have hugely bad experiences with Gigabyte, and plenty of others on this forum as well. But you have to use it in the end yourself.

I cant even imagine that. I changed from the Gigabyte to the AW15 and the AW15 (which has the same but smaller chassis than the 17) is miles ahead of the Gigabyte in every respect. No flex, no creaking, no bending chassis, much more quiet, not a battery that gets battery wear in just weeks etc.

8. Gear332

Reputations:
    Yeah, with the Alienware, as I said it had a broken key when it arrived to me. The packaging of the product was very good, so there's no way it happened in shipping. They had to have sent it to me that way. The finish on the plastic top panel started peeling up around all the edges shortly after receiving it and the microphone and webcam stopped working within a few months as well. I took it apart to inspect the cables and everything looked good. I was never able to get them working again. The cooling on the Alienware was better than the Gigabyte, but that's to be expected since the Alienware is significantly beefier. The Gigabyte is very hot on your lap when gaming and that wasn't a problem with the Alienware. If you noticed battery degradation on the Gigabyte, it was almost certainly from heat. Mine is still around 80% of the original design capacity after about 18 months. My Alienware was a 17 R1, so they probably made improvements since then, especially with Dell having gone private since then. It seems most of their products have improved since then. I just prefer gaming laptops that are thinner and lighter than Alienware offers.

9. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    IMO the build quality of my Gigabyte P37X v5 is very good, so I guess to each his own.

10. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.