X360 OLED 6560U or Yoga 910

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by mrschwarz, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrschwarz

mrschwarz Newbie

Reputations:
    Below is the form from the forum, but I am really narrowed down to two. I picked up a Yoga 900 at Best Buy. I liked it, but the keyboard could have been better. It has an I7 6560U, 16 GB Ram and a 512 SSD. I kept if for a week and liked it, but read about the Yoga 910 coming out this month.

I returned the Yoga and picked up a Spectre X360, i7 6500, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD. I like the keyboard better. It looks pretty good, but the bottom on the left hand side gets pretty warm when holding it on my lap.

Lenovo just released the 910 and I ordered it with an i7- 7500, 16GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 3800 x something resolution, LED screen. On the HP site, I can order a Spectre X360, i7-6560U, 6GB RAM, OLED screen, 3800 x something resolution. The money for either is roughly the same.

Which one would YOU get?

General Questions

1) What is your budget?
    Less than $2000

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    13 - 14" foldover
    3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    USA
    4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    Lenovo or HP
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    Yes
    6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    General
    7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    Yes

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    No
    9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    As long as possible
    10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Prefer in person, but online of OK
    11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
    Windows 10
    Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. (Scroll down to see screen resolution information.)
    The most I can get
    13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (Scroll down to see explanations.)
    Don't care
    Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    For this kind of money, yes
    15) When are you buying this laptop?
    Now
    16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    Long Time
    Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?
    1 TB
    18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
    No

2. W123

W123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If the oled panel in the hp is the same as the one In the x1 yoga I would stay away. It has bad ghosting , see anandtech review. They're the only review I've seen mention it... I returned my x1 because of it.

3. Bgmate

Bgmate Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.