X3 V3 First Impressions (X3 with 970m)

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by FoHMike, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daza100

daza100 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

thanks for this post i like reading the good reviews about products im interested in

3xmSATA may not be huge to a lot of buyers but it is significant to me. Not to mention it comes with a free unused slot so I don't even need to discard a HDD or SSD in the process. this is what i was looking for aswell 3 mSata slots 1 empty for 500gb ssd i just need more info on the x3 plus v3 temps batterly life and such im also looking at 15 alienware 2015 with 4k touchscreen ist 20% thinner and 980m only 4gb vram tho then there is the p34w i just dont know

2. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Alienware are in a different ball park compared to what we're wanting the Aorus/Blade for IMO. These are .9" or less. Alienware is usually quite a bit bigger and heavier.

3. daza100

daza100 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes I know ow that but the new alienware 13 and 15 are quiet small and light

4. Hephaestos

Hephaestos Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    "The lid, palm-rest and underbelly are all aluminum, but there is a fair amount of plastic still used mostly out of necessity. The vent housing in the back and the LCD bezel are both made out of a hard plastic"
    Gigabyte Aorus X3 Plus review - a beastly 13.9-inch gaming ultraportable
    (obviously some plastic is always used in construction of every notebook).

5. LVNeptune

Reputations:
    Not sure the point of the quote exactly...Were you agreeing with em? Lol?

6. FoHMike

FoHMike Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey guys, sorry ive been sick but i'll get to the questions soon. Additional thoughts: the audio (speakers) is waaay better than I'd expect from a laptop, very 'stereo' and not tinny at all. It also runs Styx: Master of Shadows at 3200x1800 like butter!

7. FoHMike

FoHMike Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Btw, that review is for the V2. There are some pretty major differences. For instance, speakers rock, no trackpad issues, no wifi issues, 3x m.2 slots, 970m (obviously). I think it probably runs cooler also, as the keyboard/palm rests don't get hot even after gaming a while. I also think his attitude is silly (searching for the "perfect" slim gaming notebook, seriously? No such thing, different machines for different needs people!)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  8. LVNeptune

Reputations:
    3x mSATA slots, not M2.

9. nynoah

nynoah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am so psyched that they Gigabyte fixed so many of the issues that kept me from wanting to get the x3. M2 form factor sounds great on speed, but the sizing issues for expansion makes it a total no go for me. The M2 factor issues is why I would not go for any of Lenovos offerings in the last few years. Three MSTA ports is huge for me. I need TONS of storage and to be portable. I have a Lenovo Y470M and its been great but time to move on.

Anyways...

The massive battery is awesome, is there any review or any data or testing to give an idea as to the battery life of the new system. I am assuming the 970 is better on power consumption. Are we talking over 5 hours of battery life here? If so OMG YES.

Does anyone think there will be a broadwell version of this computer in a few months?

10. LVNeptune

Reputations:
    Blade has similar specs. As long as the battery is the same size should be 5-6 hours on battery

nynoah likes this.