X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I use an UE TF-10, so I shouldnt need an amp for it.

2. Domski

Domski Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The setup for my x230t: i5 3320, 8GB RAM, Crucial m4 mSata 120GB, Samsung 470 SSD 120GB, Multitouch screen, webcam, fingerprint (--> so no conventional HDD), brightness at 1/15, Wlan and Bluetooth on -> 6-7Watt without doing nothing. So...from what I hearing it's apperently okay :)
    But the fact, that the consumption is a double of it while using the device (internet browsing) (brightness still at 1 of 15, Wlan and BT on) is a little bit anoying :D

Anyway...thanks for your response :)

btw: Windows 8 is awesome on the x230t! Powerconsumption seems to be a little bit higher, some devices in devices manager are unknown, but the bulk works. Just one "problem", which would be nice to fix: Gestures on the touichscreen like backward and forward don't work -.- But I think it just because of the missing wacom driver....

3. Mech0z

Mech0z Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is it possible to connect 2 x 24" with DVI/VGA to the X230T?

4. Coin3

Coin3 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My X230 has shipped and is scheduled to arrive this friday, the 27th! Of course, I doubt it will actually get here until Monday. But this is still great timing, I ordered on the 19th, so I would say I'm lucky that it's going smoothly so far. haha

5. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf can i haz broadwell?

Reputations:
    I only had 4GB. There is a small, but notable increase in power draw going from 1 DIMM to 2 DIMM, but it shouldn't be 1.5W. I haven't found Power Manager's watt reading to be terribly accurate (and it goes away in advance mode?), and so I use Window's built-in performance monitor.

Either way, you can already get 5.5W in the x220t, so I have no reason to believe PerfMon was incorrect or anything in my x230t. In fact because the figure wasn't any lower was one reason I decided to return my x230t.

With the dock for sure; with the onboard DP and VGA combo, probably.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  6. oh a tree

oh a tree Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Before I buy,

- How can I reinstall Windows with all Lenovo customizations, addons and software? Planning to replace the HDD with a Samsung 830 Series which will be blank with no operating system.
    - Does it come with ThinkLight?
    - Lenovo keeps mentioning something about about a snap on battery slab to increase battery life to 18 hours, I cannot find it out their website?

7. jamesjjj48

jamesjjj48 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Domski, thanks for the info. Can you please post feedback after you installed the wacom driver. I am planning to get x230t to use with win8 as well and is really concern about whether gestures gonna work well in tablet mode.

8. windelicato

windelicato Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just got one of these for work with the following specs:

Processor Intel Core i5-3210M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
    Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
    Operating system language Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - English
    Display type 12.5" Premium HD (1366x768) LED Backlit Display, Mobile Broadband Ready, 3x3 Antenna
    System graphics Intel HD 4000 Graphics in Intel Core i5-3210M Processor
    Total memory 4 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 (1 DIMM)
    Keyboard Keyboard Backlit - US English
    Fingerprint reader UltraNav without FingerPrint Reader
    Hard drive 320GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
    Battery 9 Cell ThinkPad Battery X44++
    Power cord 65W AC Adapter - US (2pin)
    Integrated WiFi Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

For a total of $900. When it gets here I'll be installing Arch linux and give a report on battery. Anyone else install linux on this guy yet?

9. Jack Watts

Jack Watts Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can make recovery media with Lenovo's recovery tool, though you'll need an external disc drive to do it. Then you can just re-install on the new SSD. The other option is to do a clean install with the guide here, then add whatever Lenovo tools you want. The former is quicker, the latter will result in a little "lighter" system, since you can pick and choose what you want to add.

As far as the battery, are you talking about the tablet or the regular X230? The regular X230 takes a slice battery, the same one that works on the X220. I can confirm that it definitely works on the X230, part # 0A36280. I don't know if it works on the tablet version of the X230.

10. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf can i haz broadwell?

Reputations:
    1) You should be able to find all of Lenovo's preinstalled utilities from their website. Trial software, if any, won't be there.

2) Only the x230 vanilla comes with a ThinkLight. The x230t does not.

3) You are looking for the slice battery, which is here:

ThinkPad Battery 19+ (6 Cell Slice - X220/X230, X220T/X230T) | 0A36280 | Lenovo | (US)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.