X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miliranga

miliranga Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Make that 3 weeks ETA from China (at least for me.)
    After I had to return my first X230T due to mother board faliure, I reordered (7/7) the same config and it was supposed to ship out on 7/15 but, due to lack of parts it still hasn't even gone into production.
    The first X230t which suffered MB failure shipped on time though.
    Either way, looking at the prices you guys have to pay in UK, an extra week of waiting isn't too bad I guess. $1075 including tax for a similar config, plus 6 cell, minus the WWAN and 3 year onsite warranty.

2. polop

polop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    regarding UK purchases of X230t. I got mine off ebay for about 1 grand (is in flux due to exchange rate). With the standard specs, but with the i7 upgrade and another 4gb ram stick thrown in the box by the retailer (to make 8gb). Though you will have to pay VAT on this as well, which will come to another 200 pounds. I then upgraded the HDD to a 256gb SSD, thus got a almost maxed out (ram could be 16gb but that is extreme) version for much less than the UK site would ever give. Delivery took 4 days from payment to door. I think buying in the UK is a bit pointless unless you need a very particular spec list, or cannot deal with the awkwardness of a US keyboard. The Warranty is international remember.

3. jklebs

jklebs Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all

Eagerly awaiting delivery of my x230 and intend to install
    1. mSATA
    2. extra ram

As regards the first, would I be able to install the OS from recovery disks via an ultrabay optical drive? I'll be getting the DVD Burner Ultrabay Enhanced Drive II - SATA...

And for the second, can I use any DDR3 soDIMM RAM? I've ordered 2x4GB of Corsair's DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600 soDIMM CL9, but now I see that the system will come with 4GB at 1600MHz I'm wondering whether I need to get some Corsair Vengeance sticks instead..

Apologies for the naivete. If any of you knowledgeable folks could give me any pointers I'd be much obliged!

4. grodem

grodem Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Used my X230T for the first time in a project. Wow what a treat to use a tablet with inking ability. Marking up existing survey documents, Hi-Liting, using the sleeve to hold the laptop while I use my camera or whatever. Why didnt I get one of these sooner...

5. pchome

pchome Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is there any space in the X230 to add a DVD burner rather than using an external one (and not through the ultrabase)?

6. del_psi

del_psi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No.

10char

7. pchome

pchome Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh, no. That's bad!

8. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's why the T430s exit.

9. pchome

pchome Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I guess they are two different categories size wise (weight and dimensions) and also the IPS panel on the X230 is much better than the mediocre HD+ display on the T430(s)!

10. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They call it trade off. For a such small portable machine like X230, it's difficult to have put a regulat 9mm hard drive already, not to mention a dvd slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.