X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocaine_all_day

cocaine_all_day Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone who can test out a 9mm ssd in the x230 tablet and tell me if it works? I'll PayPal you 5 bucks for your trouble. Please, I'm getting desperate here :-(

I just need to know if the 9mm drive goes in easily without the rubber bumpers or the metal carriage.

2. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf can i haz broadwell?

Reputations:
    At least on the 220, you can't use a 9.5mm drive without some modding (I've verified this myself and there's a thread somewhere). Given that the 230 chassis is nearly identical, I see no reason why it should not be the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  3. AboutThreeFitty

AboutThreeFitty ~350

Reputations:
    I just noticed that my "B" key is at least 1/3 lower than the rest of the keys. Just wondering if this is normal.

4. hp79

hp79 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think he's asking specifically for the 9mm (non standard) height ones. The standard is 9.5mm, and slim ones are 7mm. I read that Samsung 870 is even a little slimmer than 7mm, somewhere around 6.5mm which should be fine.

Personally I wouldn't use a 9mm height ssd even if you can somehow fit it in without the rubber guide rails. Samsung 256gb ssds are sold for very low these days, and 128gb one can be often found for $90 when on sale.

5. pepper_john

pepper_john Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    same on my E420

6. AboutThreeFitty

AboutThreeFitty ~350

Reputations:
    Thanks. I assume it's designed that way so you can access the trackpoint easily?

7. moogleassassin

moogleassassin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    same on my x230t.

8. del_psi

del_psi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone else have a problem with at least one side of the screen after calibration? I always have the edge of one side being too much off while compared to the rest of the screen. Is it because I calibrated it wrong?

I notice it while using Onenote or Photoshop the most since the cursor shifts away from where it should be pointing.

9. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No you can't.
    With an SSD, you can remove the cover (void warranty) to fit it the HDD cage.

10. moogleassassin

moogleassassin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    those people in the UK that might still be waiting for the X230T, it went live on the Lenovo.co.uk website yesterday. however there is hardly any money off it, the "standard" spec with:

i5 3320
    4GB
    500GB 7.2k
    2x2 MultiTouch
    WWAN
    Backlit Keyboard
    3 year onsite warranty

is coming out at just over £1,610 incVAT - yet I paid £1,340 for it via Hemini about 2 weeks ago and got next day delivery. Lenovo need to build it and ship from China - eta 2 weeks.

So if you are looking for one in the UK, either negotiage a BIG discount from Lenovo or look elsewhere at places such as Hemini.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.