X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pchome

pchome Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow! That is so encouraging. Your use pattern is exactly the same like me and I also do not like the battery to stick out. I would probably get the slice battery (may be latter) especially that I do not work a lot on the road, so I will stick with the 6-cell for now.

Is there really an advantage from jumping from the highest core i5 to the i7? I am thinking of either loading this machine with the highest possible options with 3 years warranty and invest in it for the coming 3 years or rather stick with minimum requirements with 1 year warranty and just keep it for 1 year or so. Not sure yet which direction to go!

2. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Lenovo Banes & Nobles promotion :p

3. Stoic

Stoic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now that I've had it for awhile the trackpad is working better after some (a lot) tweaking of the settings. It still doesn't scroll as fast or as smooth as my X201 but I think I can live with the results. I miss the downward curve on the palmrests. These flat, sharp (comparatively) corners dig into my wrists and palms as I type or scroll when I'm lying on my back with the laptop on my belly.

4. pchome

pchome Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is there a problem if I connect the X230 to a 90W adapted instead of the 65W one?

5. hp79

hp79 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No problem for using higher rated adapter. It will only take what it needs.

About the battery, I would get 9 cell for its incredible long run time for only $10 more or something. The shape extends a bit in the rear but that's where the ac plugs in anyway. It might add a little more bulk bit thats only on the rear. By going higher capacity you will also use much less cycles during the years. Wife has x220 with 9 cell, she never worries about battery. It still drains quickly if you play flash videos or stuff, so it's never enough.

6. pchome

pchome Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm, very confusing thing about 6-cell vs 9-cell but thanks for the advice though.

7. hp79

hp79 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I know it's a hard decision to make. The 6 cell raises the height same amount as 9 cell, so if you are okay with 6 cell, I'm sure you'll be fine with 9 cell too. 9 cell's protruding back also doubles as a grip spot, so I think if you dont mind the weight, 9 cell is what I'd recommend.
    Because the 9 cell has much higher capacity, you can also set the power manager to start charging from 60% and to stop at something like 80% to maximize its life, and still have a decent run time.

I wish the x230T had a 9 cell option. The 6 cell on the tablet already looks really ugly, so it can't be any worse. The x230 laptop 9 cell looks fine though.

8. Coolern

Coolern Newbie

Reputations:
  9. hp79

hp79 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The sale is still on. You have to go through barnes noble corporate perk or whatever to get deep discount.

Barnes and Noble Gold | Lenovo | (US)

Not sure if this link will work for you. Otherwise just google for slickdeals.net barnes noble thinkpad 30% and you will land on a thread where they have the link to lenovo.com barnes site. Create a ID and password, they still have good sale going on. I tried configuring a same x230t I ordered on 6/29, it is now $1248 instead of $1109 that I paid. I dont know how low the x230 price was back then though.

Attached Files:

10. relachs

relachs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I decided for the 9 cell because I wanted more battery time and not the slice.

I was excited about how big the battery actually is and have not been disppointed. I mean, you don't see it anyway because it is behind the screen and it is only 2 cm I suppose. The only think I think of if I see it it that I got some extra hours of battery time :)

My girlfriend even said it looks cool (round like a book) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.