X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerryf19

gerryf19 I am the walrus

Reputations:
    I too, miss the discrete buttons. I have multiple x200 and x210s laying around the offices I work for and picking up the first x220 was a shock to the system.

FWIW, the x230t has a better touchpad than the x220 I sometimes use.

2. windelicato

windelicato Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thinking about ordering one of these... Anyone care to report on the 6 cell / 9 cell's actual battery life?

And any of you try running Linux on this guy yet? How's the battery? I'm looking for a thin linux laptop with superb (8+ hr) battery.

3. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Any one notice the area below the screen is a little lose. When I press it, it starting to show some backlight bleed. It won't do a thing as long as I leave it there.

4. mobads

mobads Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I phoned them up today and asked for a replacement or refund and the lady requested a replacement for me.
    Apparently it has to be approved by someone senior and it takes 3-5 business days.
    She was quite nice about the replacement though.

Hopefully it goes well...

5. JwY

JwY Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    60hz stock for me as well. One can also drop it to 50hz after a period of inactivity to save batteries in Power Manager profile settings.

6. davidenko

davidenko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I pulled the trigger on an X230T for university and I'm really pumped to get it but... I checked the order status and I have to say, me no gusta. Did anyone else get stuck with their X230T being in production like me? I have to wait like a month to receive it which isn't the best service, as I thought they would have stock on hand.

[​IMG]

7. moogleassassin

moogleassassin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    evening chaps,

Ok, got my X230T. Thoughts (in order of occourence):

1) smaller/lighter than I was expecting
    2) for the love of god... someone needs to take the guy who designed the 6 cell abomination and "have a word".
    3) screen is a bit more "bouncy" than I was hoping. I guess will see on the train tomorrow.
    4) The anti-glare finish on the screen seems a bit rubbish :( I can see the digitiser sticking out slightly on the top right. Its not a smooth surface. I blame shoddy build quality sadly.
    5) As others have noted, mine came with some white powder residue coating much of it. I suspect Lenovo are using these laptops to smuggle large quantities of illegal substances in through customs, then taking the special contents out at their regional distribution offices before putting the units back together and shipping them to us. Conspiracy? I think not, it would explain both the white powder and the shoddy build quality ;-)
    6) I should point out for legal reasons that I do not suspect Lenovo of drug smuggling in my laptop ;-)
    7) The keyboard is outstanding! top notch. No worries here.
    8) Windows 8 works a treat on it.

The only thing I havn't managed to get working is the hardware buttons on the screen to rotate the screen when it is in tablet mode. Anyone got any ideas on this?

More thoughts to come tomorrow once I've had some more time with the system.

cheers

8. AboutThreeFitty

AboutThreeFitty ~350

Reputations:
    I received my x230 today and I couldn't be happier. Someone asked about battery life and I'm getting roughly 12 hours from the 9 cell.

9. relachs

relachs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    12 hours? nice, i ordered mine with a 9cell, too! :)

Can't wait, maybe I get mine on monday :)

10. hotsauce

hotsauce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a picture of the X230 with a 4/6/9 cell battery? Preferably with the computer upside down. I'm curious on the protrusion difference.

4 = flush
    6 = a bit extended (~2 inches?)
    9 = a lot extended (?)

Its amazing how Lenovo manages to hide this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.