X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoic

Stoic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got my X230t yesterday and I've been configuring it since. I'm moving from a X201 and have to say I'm not much liking the touchpad. I do a lot of edge scrolling and it pretty much sucks on this. AND I do miss the discrete mouse buttons. The keyboard is great, btw. I have no problems with the "chicklet" and think Lenovo's implementation is one of the best. So mixed bag so far.

2. trainman261

trainman261 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just a question about the screen flickering problem I mentioned- I Tried changing the screen refresh rate from 50 hz to 60 hz, and the problem was gone... except that I know that an incompatible refresh rate can harm a monitor-does anyone else know if this screen is compatible with a 60 hz refresh rate? 60 hz is listed as a refresh rate, but I want to be sure.

3. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,

Do you know if it's possible to boot from the USB 3.0 ports?

4. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just receive my X230 and it's sweet!

5. AboutThreeFitty

AboutThreeFitty ~350

Reputations:
    :mad: Roughly 12 hours until mine gets here.

6. davidicus

davidicus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    june driver--interesting--thanks! i don't have a multitouch screen--i wonder if it matters?

Adobe are annoying. they always blame the hardware, but they only support the "deprecated" windows pressure/tablet tech. i shouldn't have been surprised.

7. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I can't say with certainty, but it seems likely.

8. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I am planning to buy a usb3.0 flash drive to install Linux, and starting to learn it.

9. gerryf19

gerryf19 I am the walrus

Reputations:
    Yes. I don't know if you will get usb 3 speeds though...that may require enhanced driver support. I installed Windows 8 from a usb stick, but it was a usb 2.0 flash drive.

I have since used a usb 3.0 flashdrive for data transfer, and it is screaming fast, but I did not install it from that flashdrive so booting from it may be slow.

10. gerryf19

gerryf19 I am the walrus

Reputations:
    Mine installed at 60hz by default. As it is, I don't think it matters to your LCD--60hz refresh rate applies to the way old CRTs created an image on your screen (essentially, drawing your screen from top to bottom many times per second.) An LCD works differently. Instead, the pixels that make up your screen are switched independently via electrical current. For a while there, they were using the term "response rate" for LCD displays, which described the amount of time it took for a lcd pixel to change from white to black.

The refresh rate, I think, only applies if you hook up to a crt external display--though I am buggered as to why you are seeing a difference. I see no difference at all between the two settings. What drivers are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.