X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

1. ddong

ddong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello, where had the x250 owner's thread gone? Can't find it..

Always quote my messages so I get notified quickly!

2. trainman261

trainman261 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alright, I see there's not much going on in this thread, but I hope if someone has had this problem, they see this...
    Anyway, I'm having a bit of a problem, this thing keeps giving me BSODs, usually around once a week now. The odd part is that it creates neither a Kernel memory dump nor a small memory dump, meaning I can't analyse it very well (I've tried setting the settings to both kernel memory dump and small memory dump, and none of them has worked, even though the BSOD reports the memory dump being complete in both cases - it's obvious that it has worked in the past, since there are both minidump files in the minidump folder and a memory.dmp file in the system root). I have taken pictures of the BSODs though, so I do have some information.
    It always happens when the computer goes to sleep. It gets stuck, doesn't go to sleep, and after a couple of minutes, it crashed and I get the BSOD. It's always "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE", with a value of 0x0000009F. Parameter 1 is always 0x0000000000000004, and Parameter 2 is always 0x0000000000000258. Parameter 3 and 4 vary. I've found this here, which tells me "The power state transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the PnP subsystem", which seems pretty logical considering the scenario where this always happens. Parameter 3 should be "The thread currently holding onto the Plug-and-Play (PnP) lock" - is there any way I can figure out exactly what this thread is, and what process it belonged to? I'm figuring if it created dump files, this wouldn't be such a problem, but as I said, it isn't creating any memory dump files. If I would know which thread this was and what process it belonged to, it would help me quite a bit in figuring out where the problem lies, is there any way to figure this out?
    Also, I tried to install one of the KB fixes that described a pretty much identical problem, where the problem was related to a fingerprint reader... but it completely refused to be installed on my computer.
    Anyone else ever have this?

3. del_psi

del_psi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if I updated my experience with Lenovo but here it is:

So, I ended up getting an extended warranty on my x230t and had an onsite tech try to fix the issue. The first time the tech came he didn't have the correct screen so I had to make another appointment. The second time I met the tech , he had the right screen onhand. The second screen I got worked but the digitizer accuracy (even after careful calibration) was about the same as the first screen (but had issues in another spot). I spoke to a certain CS rep at Lenovo (who will remain unnamed) who told me that they will replace my x230t with a newer (and more expensive) but lower end non tablet Thinkpad model if I pay the inflated Lenovo price difference. Eventually , I spoke to someone who said I could return the x230t for a full refund minus the purchase price of the extended warranty that I bought afterwards.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  4. Jansci

Jansci Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone lose their touch screen capability with the latest windows update (build 1703)?

Cant figure out how to get it back...already updated drivers etc but still to no avail.

Btw also tried the Disable-Enable workaround in the device manager and Uninstalling the HID Compliant Touch device and still no luck.

5. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Reputations:
    @Jansci roll back digitizer drivers to standard Windows (Wacom device will become something generic, don't remember what exactly). Don't forget to clean your DriverStore from all Wacom drivers with RAPR.

6. Jansci

Jansci Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks...still does not work. Not sure if this helps but there are 2 HID Touch Screens in Device Manager.

7. Starlight5

Reputations:
    @Jansci try booting Linux from a flash drive to verify that touch-screen is functional. I'd clean install Windows 10 after that, it might be faster option to get your machine running as it should.

8. Jansci

Jansci Newbie

Reputations:
    yes it was functional until up to the latest windows update...is there a build/image we can download? windows 10 wont allow me to go back to the original build anymore....or is there a Lenovo touch screen driver?

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  9. Starlight5

Reputations:
    @Jansci you can download Windows 10 media creation tool here.

10. Jansci

Jansci Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks...but already did that to do a fresh install and still no go...the unusual thing is that there are 2 entries for HID Compliant Touch Screen in device manager