X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You might be missing the trackpoint buttons on the new X series. If you're a stick user, that might be worth considering, though if you're a touch pad user, it could be a plus. It never hurts to wait though. The X230 will still be available for a when the new X series is released.

I can't really see Haswell offering much, though I suppose you never know. The performance bump for Haswell isn't much. Where it shines is battery life with the ULV CPUs, but the X series is unlikely to get those and can already get 9-10 hour of battery life with the Ivy Bridge CPUs and nine-cell battery.

2. elTeck

elTeck Newbie

Reputations:
    I like the stick a lot... As for the buttons, if i can still tap using the pad but move the mouse with the stick I'm okay with that..

As for my main reasons for wanting a Haswell... It seems as though its a decent boost in the GPU's capability's (which is nice for those of us who use the Intel GPU's in our software) and the added battery life would be very nice.

I would be very disappointing if they don't update the X-Series... Thus far I haven't found a lot I like and I've kind of fallen in love with the X-Series.

3. ParticleX

ParticleX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I have it checked by an authorized service center here (I had someone to turn-over to them).. At the service center, I was told that it turned on, so I left it for a couple of days so they could check everything. They found no problems so I had it picked up. I got it on a Thursday and had just finished reinstalling the laptop today (Saturday). I turned off the laptop in the morning, but after a couple of hours it wouldn't turn on again!! :confused: Warranty's ending in two weeks, could I ask for a replacement? Unit was bought in the U.S., and I'm here in the Philippines.

4. ZaZ

Reputations:
    I think the better question would be will you get it? I think the most likely answer would be no. You might want to consider extending the warranty.

5. ParticleX

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. For the meantime I'll be sending it back again to the service center tomorrow and will ask for their assessment. Lenovo hasn't responded yet to my email, prolly it was a Friday night when I sent it (sent it on a Saturday afternoon here).

If I chose 2yr Depot for $59, will still it be an international warranty?

6. ZaZ

Reputations:
    I would presume so, but can't say for certain. $59 seems a little low for a two year extension. Usually it's around $120 here in the US.

7. ParticleX

Reputations:
    Yesterday I was browsing for warranties for the system. I'm certain that + 1yr keep your drive is $10, and 2 yr depot is $59 (couldn't remember the other options). But today it says that

There are currently no Service Offerings for this system! Please contact us at . thanks!

:confused:

Can I ask for warranty extensions at the service center itself?

---

Edit: Site is now available:

1YR Keep Your Drive $10.00
    1YR Onsite Next Business Day $19.00
    1YR Onsite Next Business Day + Keep Your Drive $29.00
    1YR Onsite Next Business Day + Tech Install CRU $29.00
    2YR Depot $59.00
    2YR Onsite Next Business Day $99.00
    3YR Depot $99.00
    3YR Depot + Keep Your Drive $109.00
    3YR Onsite Next Business Day $119.00

8. ParticleX

Reputations:
    Capture.PNG

I recieved the laptop today. BUT unfortunately I was given an i3 board, while my original one is an i5-3210m, this is NOT what I paid for... not happy right now :mad: Will be waiting for Lenovo to reply before sending it back again, who knows when will they reply, after the warranty expires?! :confused:

9. kevroc

kevroc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, I just tried the Helix. Dedicated Track Point but the touchpad works as the buttons instead of having dedicated buttons. It was a major fail IMHO. The pad was too firm to click and the left/middle/right buttons are not easy to go by feel. Since the dedicated buttons are raised you can kind of rest your thumb on there and click pretty easily, but with the touchpad you're always trying to press straight down otherwise the pointer will move on you.

10. elTeck

elTeck Newbie

Reputations:
    Thats disappointing... Any idea if you can disable the touchpad for movement? and just use it for clicking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.