X230(t) Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Commander Wolf, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsauce

hotsauce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    2 weeks is pretty standard for Lenovo (that's fast, actually). They manufacture machines as orders come in, so a few weeks is very normal.

It is an annoying wait, though and Lenovo's lack of updates/transparency leave a lot to be desired.

2. 88elite88

88elite88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, may I know the spec of your tablet and how much did you pay for it? I've been looking for a tablet myself for a while now....

3. skinnie

skinnie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys I am having some random freezes with my x230.
    When I am doing nothing, suddenly it freezes and starts heating and fans spinning.
    Running windows 7 64bit with all updates, drivers updated, latest bios etc.
    So far I didn't experienced those freezes in linux.
    Any tip on how to find the culprit?

4. NecessaryEvil

NecessaryEvil Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had to put an RMA in on my X230T from the $474 batch. Somehow a chunk of the left corner of the palmrest broke off. I've not done anything to cause it, so it's a material defect rather than accidental damage.

I did notice, however, that about 5-6 weeks after having purchased it, I'm still showing a 3 year warranty. While I'd love for this to be true, to my knowledge anything off the outlet drops its warranty to the 1 year EZ-serv, without some outside influence (Mark@Lenovo was able to get a 4 year warranty processed on my old outlet W500 after being given bad info by a Lenovo rep). I know in the past, it's shown the warranty get marked down after roughly 1-2 weeks, but that hasn't changed yet. Are they taking longer these days to knock the warranty down, or has something changed that would allow the warranty to remain at the 3 year mark? I certainly won't complain about being covered until 2016, but I'm tired of waiting for the shoe to drop.

5. pepper_john

pepper_john Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    1) check if there are virus/malware?

2) check which process is running with the max memory usage

3) do you run multiple anti-virus softwares?

6. hemmiandra

hemmiandra Newbie

Reputations:
    Just received my X230, couldn't be happier. Paid about 45% less then what the Lenovo dealership would price it for, so my wallet is as happy as I am.

I´m having the same problem though with my X230 that I have with my T420. Power on/off control over the bluetooth. The Fn+F5 just shuts all wireless adapter off. Am I missing some software available at the Lenovo support site that enables bluetooth/Wireless on/off utility?

7. skinnie

skinnie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    1)It was not a virus

2)I didnt't check but I didn't found anything with abnormal consuption

3)No.

Guess I found the culprit: avg antivirus with utorrent.
    Uninstalled avg and installed avast, all is fine now

8. fatpolomanjr

fatpolomanjr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you are running windows 8 then that is all Fn+F5 can do. To power off Bluetooth independently of Wifi you would need to go to Settings -> Change PC Settings -> Wireless. In windows 7 there is something that controls it; either the Hotkey Driver or On Screen Display. I forget which.

9. hemmiandra

hemmiandra Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's the Hotkey driver. I've installed it and it installs into the correct directory - I can find the FN+F5 .exe itself and run it normally - but what I need is the registry value to change to redirect the keyboard command itself.

Any ideas?

10. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I experience some performance stability when I use my X230 without battery and stock 65W adapter.
    Do you recommend me to buy the 90W or 85W adapter for my X230 to fix the problem?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.