X220 new IPS panels

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by THS, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dibbs

dibbs Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I had onsite replace the screen while I was getting another issue resolved. I confirmed with the phone rep that it was the newer IPS panels they were sending him. I couldn't find a manufacturer's date on it but I didn't really look that hard. It was an LG panel.

Tech guy came and was going to put in the new screen when I noticed it was glossy! I kept my original screen since the bleed/ghosting isn't really bad for me at all I just figured I may as well get the new screen if I could. But a glossy one? Not having it. Just a heads up.

2. bogatyr

bogatyr Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I received my X220 w/IPS last week. No gloss, no ghosting, no bleed.

3. floz23

floz23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No, that is not a glossy screen. There is a protective film that is on the screen. There are no "pull-tabs" to remove it. But I promise you, it is there, and it should be removed.

4. beginner_

beginner_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got my x220. haven't really used it yet (i'm in the notion of installing msata ssd and clean install) so have not seen any ghosting but there is bleed at the bottom very visible in the thinkpad boot screen.

Funny thing is i did not notice it at first. I think this happened after opening/closing it couple of times. Also applying a bit of pressure at the bezel makes it go away. I actually think this is just bad manufacturing quality.
    (I have one of this 1 Gen. flat LED TVs. It also has bleed but much less noticeable). Not sure what to do. annoying when watching movies but else not visible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.