X1 Extreme (Gen 2) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Eason, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Yotsuba

Yotsuba Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This comes direct from a Lenovo representative, the high shipping time on custom systems is caused by the display option (FHD Dolby Vision HDR 400). Supposedly, they've got a shortage of these panels, which is resulting in higher than usual shipping times.

2. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    That was the same excuse for the Legion Y740's delay, w.r.t. 500nit FHD 15.6", so there is probably some merit.

3. Yotsuba

Reputations:
    Since yesterday morning, I've been told by multiple people that their computers have been delayed for the same reason. Then, a user on Reddit told me that a replacement FHD Dolby Vision HDR 400 panel for their computer was on back order. So yeah, pretty sure this is a legit shortage. I'm guessing Lenovo underestimated the demand for this display option.

4. lixuelai

lixuelai Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info on the pricing, forgot about the employee discounts. Topcashback also has 12% cash back right now.

I was going to pull the trigger the trigger a FHD with 9750H and 400 nits, would have been ~$1170 after cash back. Unfortunately Lenovo doesn't ship to freight forwarders and I am on an oversea assignment. Ended up getting a Gen 1 4k instead.

5. dasx86

dasx86 Newbie

Reputations:
    I received an email last week notifying me that my order was delayed. However, the estimated ship date never changed. Ordered August 22nd, estimated ship of September 16th.

Not sure what to make of that. UHD panel, 9750H, 256GB SSD, 8GB ram.

6. Yotsuba

Reputations:
    I got the same email last week. However, the estimated ship date on my order just updated to September 12 (also ordered August 22), so you might want to check your order status.

7. trackerPoint

trackerPoint Newbie

Reputations:
    wow that's like cheaper than a gen 1! U could get a kinek point for shipping. I live by the U.S. border, (I'm Canadian), and I ship everything to Maine thru kinek

8. dasx86

dasx86 Newbie

Reputations:
    It never updated at all... still at the 16th. Now it's the 17th, and still no update.

Anyone receive theirs?

9. Yotsuba

Reputations:
    Mine arrived on September 13 (after I caught UPS in a lie). Absolutely amazing and no issues so far.

ike2k likes this.
  10. Thecla

Thecla Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I ordered my custom X1 Extreme Gen 2 (with 15.6" FHD HDR400 display and a lot of memory) on 8/26 and it arrived 9/17, with possibly a couple of days delay on my end.