X1 display on a T430?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by kilou, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilou

kilou Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I doubt that laptopscreen already have that screen. Which model did you look at? Do you know the price of that screen?

2. edit1754

edit1754 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Note that the HP Envy 14 Spectre and Alienware M14x also had decent 14" 1600x900 TN panels.

3. nicholaicheck

nicholaicheck Newbie

Reputations:
    The Alienware is listed as 12"x7.4" on laptopscreens, same as the T420, so those might work, assuming the right connector. I can't find info on the HP. I'm getting vague references to the Alienware screen being 300nits, so that's an improvement, but this anandtech review isn't encouraging.

I found the LP140WD2(TL)(D3) on laptopscreens (compare to the X1Carbon's LP140WD2 (TL)(E2), which I did find listed here). $55-60 pre-tax-&-shipping. This website lists the (D3) contrast ratio as 700:1 at 270nits which almost matches the X1Carbon's 700:1, 300 nits.

I think I might wait until the LP140WD2 (TL)(E2) shows up at laptopscreens, or give the D3 a try. The E2 has better contrast and gamut than the Alienware, at the same brightness.

4. Kaso

Kaso Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They are not the same, or "close." Two screens in the same series can differ significantly.

5. nicholaicheck

nicholaicheck Newbie

Reputations:
    That's why I'm not sure if I want to buy the D3 now, or wait for the E2 to hit laptopscreens. The other sources for the E2 appear to be wholesalers, but I could be wrong. Probably be happier if I wait judging by that laptopreviews comparison.

6. Kaso

Kaso Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'd rather wait to know more about the E2 in reality and then buy the exact, genuine LG part if I do decide to make a replacement.

7. kilou

Reputations:
    I found that:
    LG Philips LP140WD2 (TL)(E2) LCD Screen, Call for Pricing

Is this the correct screen? One note of caution: it seems that this seller (and maybe laptopscreen too) may also sell refurbished units. Better make sure that what you get is a brand new display.

edit: this display is actually listed by many online sellers so it should be (soon) available. Prices are upon request.

8. Kaso

Kaso Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    ^^^ Hmm, I suppose everyone else on this thread has come across that page.

The actual concern is not about "refurbished vs. brand new" but about "compatible vs. genuine."

9. kilou

Reputations:
    It is the same model number as the one installed on the X1 and apparently that screen and the HD+ screen of the T430 use the same connector. What could make these "incompatible"?

As for refurbished vs brand new, I'd never go for a refurbished unit from those online sellers...

10. Kaso

Kaso Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Obviously, you don't understand what a "compatible screen" means. (I never mentioned the X1 Carbon nor the T430.)

Anyway...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.