X1 Carbon Gen 2 (Haswell)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by ibmthink, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tusng

tusng Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    AFAIK this is very wrong. The Metro interface itself scales perfectly with DPI and resolution. Some apps might not work, but for me at least, Windows 8 has worked far better with DPI scaling etc. than Windows 7 ever did.

Windows 8 allows you to adjust the DPI of individual apps, along with the font size. Not sure if Windows 7 allows you to do that. But I might be wrong about Windows 7, in which case, I'm sorry!

Any word on battery life with the X1 Carbon with a WQHD display? Screen quality (in particular, black levels, colors, contrast)?

I know Lenovo says the screen is awesome and the battery is 9 hours, but they said that with the last version and it didn't turn out to be true. An honest post from someone on the forum about their own experience would be far more helpful.

iofthestorm likes this.
  2. Pirx

Pirx Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wrong. It "fixes" almost nothing. Which is why Microsoft is working overtime to get Windows 9 out the door in the spring of 2015. As well they should; they really need to try and make the world forget there ever was such an abomination as Windows 8.x.

That's a fairytale. There are no significant differences in either speed or "efficiency" (whatever that may mean) in Windows 8 compared to Windows 7. If you cripple the Windows 7 desktop the way Windows 8 does it, you'll find exactly zero difference.

No it does not, at all. The only difference is that you can have different DPI on different video output devices, but it turns out that this doesn't work well, either. Other than that, in a single-screen situation there is no difference whatsoever between Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Huh? Where did you get that idea? Or are you talking about Metro "apps"? Obviously, Windows 7 doesn't have those, thank god...

3. Rickdanger

Rickdanger Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm going to customise my X1 order and am thinking of saving $100 and not getting the touch screen because I have no need for it.

I just wanted to know if the WQHD 2560*1440 non-touch screen is as good as the touch version? All reviews/comments I have seen are based on the touch version.

4. dennisyy

dennisyy Newbie

Reputations:
  5. bobbysteel

bobbysteel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My batter life on the touch screen is averaging 8.25 hours right now.

6. JarodL

JarodL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Am I better off going with the 4550U processor with the 5000 graphic card or the 4600U the 4400 graphic card? 95% of my work is using MS Office and using the web.

7. sebae28

sebae28 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cannot believe Lenovo hasn't still released the custom version yet.
    It's been a month since they said it would come out "SOON"!

What a wrong company.

Plus they keep deleting bad reviews on thier website.
    I cannot believe what this Chinese company is doing.

I now bought a samsung ATIV book 9 instead.

8. kordis

kordis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone could make a comparison between the new WQHD and T440p/T440s FHD displays?

9. aazznn

aazznn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi there,
    May I know which configuration are you having? i5 or i7? And how is the fan noise?

Thank you.

10. sross

sross Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's quite long. Can you give an indication of how you're using it to get the battery to last that long, and what your power settings are?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.