1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

X1 Carbon Gen 2 (Haswell)

Discussion in 'ThinkPad Edge, X1, X100e/X120e, & SL/L' started by ibmthink, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Faruk

Faruk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been considering the Dell XPS 13. 3.02lbs, 13.3" 1920x1080 screen, 8GB dual-channel onboard RAM. I would really miss having a trackpoint though.

2. Gantoz

Gantoz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone know when exact will lenovo distribute x1 carbon gen 2 in canada? i am torn between getting this and the t440s and lenovo has a discount deal right now that i am not sure if the x1 carbon is worth it to wait for.

3. kr_clk

kr_clk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm also torn between the t440s and the new x1 carbon? Any reviews on the new x1 carbon yet?

4. dust7

dust7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anybody tell me how to make a ` and ~ on the new X1C?

5. ibmthink

ibmthink ThinkPad Deity

Reputations:
    This key is between the right Alt key and the right Ctrl key.

6. dust7

dust7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ugh, what were they thinking?

7. jcb193

jcb193 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How would you guys compare this with the sony vaio pro 13? I checked the sony out and the screen was great, keyboard a little shallow, but nice. Has an SD. And very light, wasn't sure about the flex, so not sure if flex is a good thing or bad, as I'll be using is with a backpack,.

8. ozaz

ozaz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I can't say anything about the X1 carbon, but the Vaio Pro and Flex have bad reputations when it comes to fan noise. The Vaio Pro also has a terrible repuation when it comes to wifi reception. This is a big shame because otherwise they seem to be great machines.

9. jcb193

jcb193 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think the new driver fixes the wifi issues. Seriously considering it. It's so small and sharp.

10. JarodL

JarodL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Lenovo is now saying early February to customize the X1C due to supply shortages.