WTB: CF-52 Bluetooth & Fingerprint Reader

Discussion in 'ToughBook Buy Sell and Trade Forum' started by ChrisInVT, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisInVT

ChrisInVT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alright, so I have the laptop back together with the Intel 7260. I let Windows install the current drivers, then updated them using Windows Update. The wireless works good, in the drivers bluetooth is enabled but it's not currently working. I know the Windows Bluetooth stack is working because I was using a USB receiver in my Havis dock.

So now it looks like I only need that fingerprint reader, unless I can't get this bluetooth working. Just got the laptop back together (and I'm typing this on my MK2) so I'll play with it some more tonight. I'll install the actual Intel drivers and see if that fixes the issue.

Trying not to have this be a "This is what I did to my MK5" thread. Hell I've been a lurking member for YEARS but never posted because I was always able to source parts until now!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. ChrisInVT

Reputations:
    I'm giving up on the 7260, installed the intel bluetooth driver, the WiFi driver, and Proset utility. Proset utility does't exist after installation, reinstallation wants to run a repair, and there's no Bluetooth in the control panel. checked BIOS and the only option is to enable or disable the wireless and WWAN card, nothing for bluetooth. Did the pin 51 Bluetooth hardware unlock trick, no dice. Also did the pin 20 trick to hardware unlock the WiFi (not necessary since wireless was working, but wanted to rule it out anyway) and no dice. I've read how it's possible the mainboard doesn't support the type of USB interface the 7260 is expecting. I see the 6235 on ebay for less than $10, but man does it suck I need to buy yet another wireless card when I have a pile of them.

3. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
  4. ChrisInVT

Reputations:
    I just looked and these are the wireless cards I have on-hand, none of them support bluetooth
    :
    Asus AW-NH186H
    Atheros AR5B125
    Intel 5100
    Intel 5300
    Intel 6300
    Dell DW1510

5. Shawn

Reputations:
    I do have a few Intel 6235 cards here.

6. ChrisInVT

Reputations:
    Do you have one or two readers? How much for two fingerprint readers and a 6235 card to 05819?

7. Shawn

Reputations:
    I do not have 2 FP readers.

let me calculate a price,

8. Shawn

Reputations:
    Finally time to research prices.

One CF 52 fingerprint reader and one 6235 from a Toughbook

$75.00 paypal gift shipping included.

9. ChrisInVT

Reputations:
    I haven't been around for a while. I took my MK1 with me, and left my MK2 & MK5 at home while I was traveling.

I've left my MK2's fingerprint reader in the MK5, and ended up purchasing a lot of 4 CF-52's with combo Fingerprint/smartcard readers. I'll be pulling all of those for my personal CF-52's, I'll have to find two extra dummy covers to replace them with before I refurbish and sell them.

I did end up purchasing and installing an Intel 6235 card. The bluetooth, again, didn't work. I installed the Panazonic drivers, the Intel drivers, and even let Windows Update install it's own drivers as well. I even tried the hardware hack as well with no success. This bluetooth ordeal is getting increasingly frustrating.

10. Shawn

Reputations:
    Swapping wifi and Bluetooth on a CF 52 is a lesson in patience.
    Any Toughbook is challenging to swap wifi, but the CF 52 is one of the worst.
    Was the 6235 you purchased an original from a Toughbook?