WTB Alienware Crossfire (Europe)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Forum' started by MrMogwai, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMogwai

MrMogwai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Greetings.
    I'm looking for a Crossfire cable for M17xR2, hopefully somewhere in Europe, even more hopefully Poland, I've seen some Chinese sites, but it's only PayPal and with deliveries in a month, so I'm resorting to a forum post. Anyone?

Price hopefully around 20$+shipping, but nevertheless I'm willing to pay more for a checked item than a junk from a scrap dump with a fixed price.

2. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    M6100's should be able to run w/o a cable

3. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    I might have one. I need to look around for it.

4. MrMogwai

MrMogwai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know it does, but I want to squeeze a little bit more out of it, looking also for fairly priced 7970M to put in crossfire. Also want to check all avenues in this laptop ;) I would've left it just with M6100 and leave it at that, but i feel uneasy with just one card in it ;)

5. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    CFX cable won't give you a performance boost, the card's won't be able to saturate a x8 2.0 link, and its just wasting money on a old laptop for no gain.

6. nforce4max

nforce4max Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not in the M17x R2 as I've already tried twice without the cable and it produced an error that resulted in the system not being able to use the second slot. Later generations don't have this issue at least partly due to the chipsets, I ran into the same at some point with a desktop of the same era and had to use the bridges. Bought the cards with the connector this time for another try this weekend so fingers crossed that it works.

The cards without the connector did enable crossfire on the M18X R2 aside from not having fan automatic fan control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.