WOW!!! Thumbs up to Andrew P at AW Tech Support...and their supply chain.

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Perfect Stranger, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect Stranger

Perfect Stranger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have been having issues with my M18 not powering up on battery power. I spoke to Andrew P at AW Tech support yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon at about 4:45pm.... (after the prerequisite button pushing and elevator music)....the gentleman was polite, courteous, and quick to understand the issue. He listened to the steps that I had taken to try and isolate/resolve the issue, asked if I had updated to the latest bios (yes), then excused himself while he consulted with engineering ( I think). When he returned, he had a confirmation number and indicated that a new battery, AC adapter, and power cord were being shipped out. He suggested that the parts should arrive Thursday..

We were off the phone at 5:15 pm. At 12:30 pm today (Wednesday) , Jim (driver) with his big, shiny white Purolator truck was in my driveway placing the parts into my hands! (19.25 hrs) Not even 24 hours later!!:D

2. ratchet916

ratchet916 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, that really good customer service. It's always nice to get treated like that.

3. joecait

joecait Notebook Deity

Reputations:

So is your issue now resolved with these new items?

4. Perfect Stranger

Perfect Stranger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not sure yet, I'll give it a few days before passing judgement. I had originally thought that the issue was resolved after doing the battery disconnect/power switch thingy...but after the laptop had sat awhile (30 minutes or more) with the AC disconnected....it wouldn't power up on battery.

5. Alienware-L_Porras

Alienware-L_Porras Company Representative

Reputations:
    WOW! That's truly a great customer service indeed. Thanks for the comments! I'll make sure Andrew P. gets appreciation for his effort.

6. Mutumba

Mutumba Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Gooda Joba Andrew P, but wouldn't it be nice if we had the same excellent service globally. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.