Wow, nice deals! What are your opinions on reliability though?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by aan310, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You did not just mention "Saab" in a thread asking about reliability. :nah:
    And personally, I've been in many Saabs. Want to know where Saab cuts the cost to make it an entry-level luxury car rather than a mid-level luxury car? Sure it's got leather seats, but I woldn't say they have "VERY nice interiors."
    I was car hunting three weeks ago and test drove a few new Saabs. My best friend owns a 2004 Saab Aero. My aunt owns a 2001 9-3. My best friend's parents own a 1999 9-5. I have to say, the 2009's interior doesn't look any different/better than the what-is-now-considered-to-be-crap 1999 interior.

2. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
  3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Like I said, the 94-97 9000 Aero seats are very nice, some of the most comfortable seats I've sat in. They might not match a new Mercedes-Benz in quality, but they are definitely nice. But you are right, they aren't very reliable.

4. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  5. Tippey764

Tippey764 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have seen some civic si's ( Sir in canada ) go for $4,000 to $5,000 im going to pick up one of thoes. They have around 100k to 150k. Honestly i dont care about how many miles it has at all. For the price im spending if it lasts a year or 2 i'd be happy. ( It most likely will unless i wreck it ). Ok really thoes cars are right on KBB for the miliage and year. Aan310 you are NEVER going to get a car because you want to have a luxury car for like $2000 with no miliage on it at all. Your standards are to high and you really need to lower them or else you will never get a car.

6. Colton

Reputations:
    Come on man, these are Honda's. :eek: These last for 3 million miles, you didn't know?! :p

7. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It doesnt really matter Honda's will hit 300,000 like nothing thats why there resale value for there older vehicles are so good.

8. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    See, but when you think about it, thats the engine/tranny.
    Think about it...
    The cars have been through icy, salty winters here.
    A car that is 16 years old is going to be rusted, and have a bunch of issues.

None of you live where I do... all the civics i have looked at are total crap. I'm not even dealing with them any more...
    The ONLY good one i looked at was the 2003, and well, that was a 2003.. i should have gotten that but i didn't have the cash at the time :/

EDIT: I suppose where I am comming at is i am saying for the same price i'd rather get something newer than 2000 with less miles for the same price

9. Colton

Reputations:
    Ah, I see. Well scratch Honda's and Toyota's off you list. They retain their value like crazy and it's a bad car if you're looking to get a good deal on. :eek: I'm sure you'll end up with a good car though. :)

10. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Actually....
    I think i found a keeper :D

1999 Corolla 45k $4500 old guy by my grandpa selling it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.