Would you purchase again?

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by vosswaterbottle, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Also apple machines have ton of issues experienced those myself and the after service market is enormous for apple since there are so many issues which apple only would service for ridiculous pricing. Apple laptops are only nice if you dont use them under full load most of the time. Osx gets slow too if handled incorrectly.

2. vosswaterbottle

vosswaterbottle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Completely true, it's usually those who have the negative experiences who are the most vocal. Which is why I was hoping on an alienware board, to get some positive user experiences :/

I'm sure they're ok though, but glad I ran across the sager; seems like a nice machine that's a good bit more powerful than the r3 and only marginally more expensive.

3. webjeff

webjeff Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I own an AW17R3 and love it, would def buy again many times over. I have owned several AW's in the past, I've looked at other brands each time of purchase and always come back because of the quality, build and reliability.

So far, 6 months in, best machine I've owned so far.

#hatersgonnahate

On the flip side, I also own a macbook and Surface Pro 3 and I think all my machines are fantastic for their purposes.

judal57 likes this.
  4. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    I have bought an AW M15x, AW M17x R2, AW M17x R3, M17x R4, AW 14, AW 15R1, and AW17 R3.
    Only the M15x and the AW15 R1 gave me problems as they both had a design flaw which affected every one produced.
    Both times Dell corrected the issue by either refunding me to purchase a better model or they exchanged it for a better model.
    Other then that only twice have I had to replace parts. Those two times I received next business day parts and had my system up an running in less then two days.
    This is in contrast to most systems where you have to mail your system and wait a week or two to get it back.

I know there are people out there that say there is all these quality issues with AW...
    However I feel that the amount of systems I have had if there truly was quality issues that were worse then other companies I would have ran into more issues.

It should be noted that I have also had Clevo systems as well. I like them too but as of now for my needs I prefer Alienware. I like the onsite techs / Next business day parts.
    I also like the size of the Alienwares.

5. DeeX

DeeX Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    duplicate!!! :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  6. Klk450

Klk450 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I once had to change an iPhone 6 five times... **** happens and sometimes you end up with a couple bad ones. What I do know for sure though is that the warranty for these laptops are necessary and it's one of the best in the business because of the onsite tech. I hate clunky laptops or bad looking ones which is why I've stuck with AW so far.

7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It is more powerful at the cost portability and size. So it might not be your cup of tea if you mind extra bulk.

8. scottdrmyers

scottdrmyers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I probably would purchase again. First one I got the track pad stopped working after a week. Second one has been rock solid though but that track pad issue is still stuck in my mind.

I had a Sager machine before this and almost purchased another Sager machine with the same exact specs as my 15R2. I decided to go with the 15R2 because it was local and on sale for $200 less than the Sager.

Does it do the job though? Yep!

The graphics amp is a nice addition as well. Sager doesn't have that option so I guess if I did buy the Sager I'd be stuck with the 970m forever.

9. orancanoren

orancanoren Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    By getting an AW you will save $500 but at what cost? That sager will outperform the AW any day with a 6700k and a 980 (non-m). I have the AW17r2 with the 980m and the 4720hq and no I wouldn't buy an Alienware product ever again. Instead I would get some laptop with 6700k and 980 just like the one you mentioned.

10. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i really enjoy the quality of Alienware products .. i own an Alienware m14X r1 for 5 gears ... it gets hot as FU** but it is still alive, working as first day ... only repaced the HDD once because i let it fall out of the desk. the battery dont last too much, it have 40 % wear but is still working. I love my alienware 15 R1, the only complaint is the i7 4710hq, but is an INTEL problem not an alienware problem... in this moment i run it at 3Ghz stable without throttling.... 3ghz instead of 3.3ghz dont make a big difference on my main games ( multiplayer FPS). I like so much the warranty, I bought my laptop in USA and i live in Colombia; They dont sell Alienware laptops here, but i always have next day technician repair if i need it. I like the materials on this new models, the sound blaster card, the keyboard light less, but the quality strenght of the keys are really better than my previus AW.

I think all laptops need a re-paste, dont care if is new ... all brands use cheap thermal paste.

but yes, i will definitely buy another alienware when my main model cant run my favorites FPS games :)

11. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.