would u buy so-called chick car?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by sjefferson, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shobster

Shobster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Down here in Texas, women go for the Chevy pickups and Mustangs. So I'm guessing everywhere else varies as well.

2. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Your consideration of the Miata is well justified. Great driver's car regardless of year model.

3. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Look, as long as it's not hot sparkly pink or periwinkle blue, you're go to go.

4. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Sorry but Honda doesn't make trucks. The ridgeline is a pilot which is a oversized mini van.

Miatas are cool bit way too small for me.

Yeah ladies around here drive a lot of cars around here, more mustangs then trucks and a lot of SUVs. Would be able to retire of I got a nickel for every soccer mom driving a Tahoe or expedition.

But yeah if you're into chick and guy cars around here anything from a jacked up f350 to a mustang could be one...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

5. whitrzac

whitrzac The orange end is cold...

Reputations:
    I know someone that would say otherwise...

I drive a dark blue/purple miata, It is not a 'chick' car...:cool:

6. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    GLK is definitely not a chick car. If anything, they're unisex. I've seen many men driving in GLKs in Houston and in fact, am thinking of getting one myself when the 2013 version comes out.

7. kevmanw4301

kevmanw4301 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My Dad's got a red 1990 Miata, and I've only ever had one person call it a chick car, and he drove a rested out Chevy S10 and dropped out of high school, so I don't think his opinion matters. :)

8. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The GLK, BMW X1/X3, Acura RDX, Infinit EX35, Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60 are all in the same 'compact-luxury crossover' category; and none of them are considered 'chick cars' here in Atlanta. If you can hold out until January, a new turbodiesel version of the GLK is being added to the U.S. lineup. That's the one I'd go for...

By the way, here are the real chick cars based on 2011 sales. They are the 10 vehicles with the highest percentage of female buyers-

Volvo S40 – 57.9%
    Nissan Rogue – 56.9%
    Volkswagen Eos – 56.4%
    Volkswagen New Beetle – 54.6
    Toyota Matrix – 54.1%
    Hyundai Tucson – 54%
    Honda CR-V – 53.4%
    Toyota RAV4 – 54%
    Nissan Juke – 52.7% (tie)
    Jeep Compass – 52.7% (tie)

I feel pretty confident in predicting that the Fiat 500 will make the list this year!

9. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    i think you're overthinking car-gender.

10. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I don't really see cars as having gender, unless they're marketed towards that by the car maker (a la VW Bettle). Get what you want, and if that means GLK then cut the check for it :). I'm basically driving the "mom's car" (I actually did buy my car from her), but I love my car and how it handles. Decent on gas too, and it hauls everything I need to/from college.

I didn't see an Altima on that list... :(

Eh, opposite here. All the guys in SC want either a lifted American truck/SUV (or just the truck/SUV and they can't afford lifting :rolleyes:) or a Mustang. "Chick cars" here are either the two-generations-old Mustang (the one that came after the tiny fake-Mustang), Lexus and other Japanese lux cars, and that's about all I can think of.

What's really stupid is that everyone else loves golf carts. They drive them around like cars practically (inside neighborhoods, not major roadways).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.