would u buy so-called chick car?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by sjefferson, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjefferson

sjefferson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    based on my need(i'm a single guy) and budget, heck even the size of my garage(tandem 2-car garage with small opening and tons of stuff), Mercedes Benz GLK seems to fit the bill well.

the only problem is that it's so-called a chick car. i dont wanna have to fight off the stigma of driving a chick car for the entire duration i own this darn thing...

"i could go up to X5 or the likes but it barely fits my garage and since i'm a signle, it would be waste of a lot of resources - gas, etc" <== would i have to explain myself all the time like this if i get the GLK?????

any thoughts?

2. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Get a first gen CTS-V. I wouldn't drive a GLK, but not because it's a "chick car."

3. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Emodicon

Reputations:
    The CTS-V isn't at all in the same class as the GLK or X5, so I doubt it's what the OP is looking for.

I don't think there's anything wrong with driving the GLK if you like everything else about it. I've seen men driving it, and frankly, the driver makes the car. Not the reverse.

4. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    The GLK is a HUGE SUV, BMW doesn't really have anything that can compare. X5's main competition is the M series from Benz. Typically, at least around here, I see females driving around Mercedes SUVs/Crossovers, the R, M, GL, GLK, G series SUVs. I also tend to find more men drive BMWs than Mercedes, at least around here in Potomac, MD.

5. Type 100

Type 100 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Screw what everyone else thinks. If the GLK is a good fit for you, then why not. Among the Benz SUV lineup it's the one I'd favor just because of the relative car-like sleekness of the shape compared to its brethren (and I generally dislike SUVs).

I don't even understand why the GLK is seen as a chick car. Because it showed up on the first "Se.x and the City" movie? Pretty shallow reason to call it a chick car IMHO.

6. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Since when the SUV is considered a chick car. And frankly I don't see anything "chick" about GLK. Wonder that local Germans have to say about this :D...

7. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    As long as you are not driving a VW Rabbit Cabrio, you are not in a chick car!
    the GLK is more of a Soccer mom vehicle anyway! :rolleyes: :D

8. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    If its a chick car then use it as a chick magnet ;)

I personally dont think its a chick car.... unless it comes stock standard with a flower on the dash *ahem VW beetle*

9. talin

talin Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I already have a chick car. ;) Now if I just had a chick to go with it. :D

Attached Files:

10. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Very wrong. The GLK's competitor is the X3.

I see nothing wrong with driving a "chick" car. I don't think many people would ask you about it either. I'm very young and I drove an X5 for while, which is the perfect soccer mom car, but I never had anybody say I drove a chick car. You'll be fine with whatever you drive.

If I could have two cars myself, I would probably have a Miata as a second car just for the fun of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.