Woodzstack's NBR Feedback thread.

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by woodzstack, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Debaiky

Debaiky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just purchased Sky x6 and expected to arrive 6 Nov. Thank you for this thread.

woodzstack likes this.
  2. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    Um, your welcome !

3. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Oh wow, very nice, thank you for the kind words ! Your welcome too btw, it was my pleasure !

Edit : the score doesn't work anymore, if you deleted results they go away for people who had them linked etc..

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  4. Koko Banderas

Koko Banderas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dropping by to leave some feedback, as i can finally consider my upgrade done. After researching for a while the prices of GTX980M, decided to buy one from woodzstack, as it beat all of the other offers out there. Card was sent as a gift, so that saved me from being busted with a 21% import fee on it. Shipping took a bit longer than estimated, but thats because it was just sitting for days first in the canadian post office, then in spanish customs... nothing to do with the seller really. Once installed, i had a couple of software issues and the card wasnt working properly, but everything got sorted out with the help of woodzstack. Thanks alot man!

woodzstack likes this.
  5. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Hey thats what I'm here for, you join the NBR Crew you get first class treatement ! HAHA :p

6. Maxx73

Maxx73 Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    woodzstack likes this.
  7. Rimas

Rimas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Dropping by to leave some feedback.

Ordered two 980M cards and a new SLI bridge to upgrade my Alienware 18...because we all want moar efff-peee-esss'es and stuffz :D

Had to wait a few days before they were flashed with a Prema vBIOS, tested and shipped. Then obviously the shipping.
    Paid my invoice on December 10th and received the cards in the mail on 29th. Didn't have to pay the stupid customs either, which was a great bonus for me as I live in the UK and they rob us real bad here!

The cards themselves were quite well packaged, nothing to complain about there.

I had to set aside around 5h to actually do the whole thing: use DDU in Safe Mode then dismantle the laptop piece by piece, disconnect everything, take off all the heatsinks, clean them and the chips, then hard-mod my heatsinks with a dremel (ask me for pics if needed) as they wouldn't fit the new cards right, then clean up, paste CPU and GPUs with Liquid Ultra, put the heatsinks back, re-assemble the laptop back together and install the drivers.

Had to give Woodz a call on the old mobile to consult the hardware mod in one spot as I wasn't sure if I could bend the copper pipe, but in the end I decided to just hammer it down and it works fine.

Once I booted up I first went into BIOS and checked whether the laptop sees the cards - and indeed it saw them both. Then booted into Windows 10 and installed the official Nvidia drivers I've pre-downloaded before starting the job. Everything went smoothly and the cards worked with no extra effort needed. They run cool (thanks to Maxwell and LCU), overclock well to 1250MHz+ stable - nothing to complain about.
    The cards are total powerhouses and I love them!

Unigine Heaven benchmarks of mine (1080p fullscreen, Extreme preset):
    GTX 780 - http://www.pixelflux.net/crap/heaven/GTX780.html
    GTX 780M SLI - http://www.pixelflux.net/crap/heaven/GTX780M.html
    GTX 980M SLI - http://www.pixelflux.net/crap/heaven/GTX980M.html
    So they pretty much are a desktop 780 each with more than double the VRAM :)

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. Games run fast, cards run cool, no software mods needed. Could have shipped faster, but that was for the most part through no fault of Woodz, so ah well. But the rest - communication and support - BRILLIANT!

Highly recommended!

[​IMG]

woodzstack likes this.
  8. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Awesome thanks for the feedback guys !I really should monitor this thread more, haha!

happy new years and all !

9. loafer987

loafer987 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bought a 980m from woodzstack. answered almost all of my excessive amount of questions, and even offered to call me and walk me through the install process. ( I didnt need the help but the offer was above and beyond expectations.) I had some help from woodzstack and a few other forum members to stop the alienware 17 throttling issues and now good to go.
    To anyone purchasing one of these cards from him, my ASIC quality was 81.3% which is pretty impressive from what I've been told.
    Also make sure you back up your stock vbios and install Prima mod's vbios. This solved all my throttling and got me up to the cards full potential.
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/10735903

Thanks again! Hope we can do more business when Pascal arrives!

woodzstack likes this.
  10. artpra

artpra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I guess this is the proper place to leave some comment.

Bought 970M 6GB from woodzstack via ebay, card arrived fast in very safe (professional) packaging with all the screws. Very good contact, we shared many mails before transaction, with many questions from me, all replied fast and to the point. Card sent as a private person@private address to private person@private address, as a gift, so no tax for me. Card is really a beautiful piece of kit, brand new, unused, factory sealed, with "January 2016" manufactured date. Flashed with newest Prema vBIOS. ASIC quality slightly lower then 80% (don`t remember now precise number).
    I had and still have problems with drivers for my 8770w, but card itself is great and I can only recommend woodzstack as a genuine honest seller.
    Rep up!

woodzstack likes this.