Woodzstack's NBR Feedback thread.

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by woodzstack, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z3us_PL

Z3us_PL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey Woodzstack, did You hear about putting 1060 or 1070 in to first Clevo P775DM1? I've got 980m but i think 1060 should have better fan noise emissions or 1070 for better performance. What do You think?

Dr. AMK and woodzstack like this.
  2. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    yeah both would be more powerful that is no doubt. The 1060 would provide like 25% performance boost minimum, and require less over all power, this would keep temps lower, if that is what you are looking for.

What resolution screen you using ? What is the constraint other than noise/fan speed, like the 1070 for instance is much more powerful than the 1060 buts a premium, and sometimes is just overkill unless you do some tricks or use higher resolution screen or playing absolute latest games.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  3. Z3us_PL

Reputations:
    I have FullHD on P775DM1 but i often hook up to 4K TV so I would prefer 1070 but I didnt see if someone successfully put it on first P775 witch was dedicated to 980M/980 desktop. If 1070 is incompatible I thought about 1060 to gain lower temps and fan noise relative to 980M (see my signature below)

Dr. AMK likes this.
  4. aaronne

aaronne Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just to rest in thread's topic..

Purchased last week a MSI 1060 mxm gpu from @woodzstack . Many thanks to you man!
    All very good, from shipping to product and a pleasure communication between us.

I hope to "meet" you again!(maybe for a custom laptop next year)

woodzstack and Dr. AMK like this.
  5. Z3us_PL

Reputations:
    Is the version of MSI 1060 fits to clevo? (P775DM1) I heard that Clevo has EC and its problem for some of the cards.

woodzstack and Dr. AMK like this.
  6. woodzstack

Reputations:
    Now your just teasing ! But I would love that would be my pleasure to configure a laptop for you ! Catch you around then, thank you for the business too!

aaronne likes this.
  7. woodzstack

Reputations:
    I actually once heard that too, but it was before the final versions of the cards were released, and was with an older vbios. For instance the QS versions of those cards hard a wire to skip EC checks soldered to the cards, but later they didn't need them.

So hard to say. I'm still learning some of the ropes with Clevo's, I have a few systems myself, but I do not run into any EC issues but haven't tested this card from MSI in it personally, been testing them in Alienwares most the time TBH

Dr. AMK likes this.
  8. Adobo9

Adobo9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just finished purchasing a Eurocom sky mx5 r2 from @woodzstack ! Absolutely recommend 100%! This guy is a pro, and if you live in Canada, I dare say there's probably no reason not to go with this guy to get your unit upgraded through him. Highly recommend 10/10, would repeat business again. Champion at communication too, almost always instant replies to any of your concerns!

Been a pleasure!

9. woodzstack

Reputations:
    hey, wow, thank you again for the recommendation ! It was a pleasure doing business with you/for you. Feel free to share your thoughts and such with the forum users in the MX5R2 category too !

meni and Dr. AMK like this.
  10. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    I'll just add more, "if you live in Canada or anywhere else", I'm living in Saudi Arabia and he did a very nice deal with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.