Witcher 3 and 7970m

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by TrantaLocked, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have a P150EM / NP9150 and 7970m, getting 45 FPS on low settings with the latest AMD hotfix and Intel CPU. I haven't used this laptop for gaming in a while but will need it for some time soon so I need some guidance.

Any tips on the best driver combination and Windows settings for the best FPS in Witcher 3? Should I look at a specific AMD driver, and am I missing anything else? Is Windows 10 bad on this platform? I really shouldn't be getting such low FPS at low settings. My aim is 60 FPS solid average.

Edit: Well, I'll have to live with 1366:768 resolution and medium settings for 60 FPS, but still with drops in dense areas. Still looks pretty damn good since it's the Witcher 3. The Enduro muxless bottleneck ended up severely hurting these platforms. Sucks that we got so shafted by greedy Clevo with the poor engineering choice.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. ldkv

ldkv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Look at this benchmark of TW3 on Nvidia 965M which is a more powerful card than your 7970m, it only managed to get around 60fps average on medium 1366x768.

7970m is a 4 years old GPU and that performance is reasonable and expected on TW3. I don't think you can get more out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.