Wishes and Expectations for Clevo [2017 Edition]

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by darkarn, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delgada89

Delgada89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Isn't 1440p the most common "2K" resolution?

2. ghegde

ghegde Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    "wishes"
    • thinner bezels like mbp 2017 / xps 15 or Gigabyte Aero
    • Ryzen 1700+ based laptop
    • Sleek low footprint design

3. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    I know how much communication there is between us and Clevo on a hourly basis, we meet with them very frequently in person and also have our own office in Taiwan so we have an extremely good connection. There are several other companies which are very big Clevo customers, who you all wouldn't have heard of but they operate in the "non-gaming" chassis sector. As far as I know (partly from direct experience) Sager also have a very close relationship with Clevo, but to be frankly honest I know that we have the most technical and custom option conversations with Clevo.

They look at the market, the produc trends, the technology roadmaps from Intel and Nvidia for the next 3-5 years and also what their customers (and by that I mean companies like us who purchase from them) say in terms of what they would like to sell and so on. Clevo do not sell directly to the public and they don't have direct feedback from the public. Obviously the end user has an input, through what products are popular both when purchased from Clevo resellers or system integrators as well as what the end user purchases from other laptop manufacturers.

sicily428 likes this.
  4. Jon Webb

Jon Webb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    OK, so you're the man to talk to. I know I speak for a lot of us in the forum when I say. We're hoping for a 17" to 20" monster. Weight is not an issue, need Intels new X299 platform that can handle the largest chips. MEGA COOLING, noise is definitely not an issue. As far as GPUs, would need to be able to handle a pair of the latest GTXs at time of release. (1080tis or Titans) but also Quadros for the engineering guys. Thank you in advance.

5. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I present you...the Desktop.

6. Jon Webb

Jon Webb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    HAHA! I left myself wide opened for that one.

TBoneSan likes this.
  7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Pretty sure my 12lb P570WM laptop with a 12-core Xeon processor was more portable than my 45lb 800D based desktop with a 6-core i7 with my 40" curved TV, my keyboard, my mouse, my 5.1 surround system and my webcam as well. :D

Jon Webb likes this.
  8. jsstp24n5

jsstp24n5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    On the flipside there is a huge market for thin powerful gaming laptops, as Razer has proved and why Nvidia has created the Max-Q initiative. I think it's technically feasible at this point to put a full mobile 1070 into a 17.3" laptop under .8" thick/6.5lbs without experiencing thermal throttling under full load (I don't care about noise when I'm gaming). I'm someone willing to spend $4000 on that if it also has a quality 4K (Clevo has been particularly lacking in 4K options) G-Sync display, thunderbolt... and get rid of the 2.5" hdd bay and increase the battery size.

It will be interesting to see what Clevo puts out this summer.

9. bruno.uy

bruno.uy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I constantly hit the up key when trying to hit the short right shift in my P650. Maybe Clevo can move the arrow keys down, like Alienware does.

10. Brahman05

Brahman05 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As this is a wishlist so far i have 3 to for my 2 cents. I have a sager 9873 with 2x1080.

1: talk eurocom into making their power supply more readily available to the other resellers. It is currently on my wishlist. They had yet to finish it when i got mine, otherwise i would have gotten off the phone with sager and called them to get one all in one shot.

2: better software. I love the whole no bloatware part about my laptop, but the software just seems clunky to me. Case in point, the flexikey software has extremely limited use in keyboard backlighting. It is unable to combine effects, the effects themselves have no control over color scheme, and will select parts of the keyboard i dont want on its own when i am trying to customize. Granted that is a small part, but if i spend this much on a laptop it would be nice to be able to get some 'ooh's and ahh's'.

3: KEEP THE CHASSIS DESIGN FOR A FEW YEARS. At the current moment i COULD conceivably upgrade to the z270 motherboard, as im sure at least one of the resellers would sell me one to make it the 9876, but what if coffee lake knocks it out of the park, or cannonlake just plain rocks, or i want to try zen even, probably not on that last one, but hey, one never knows.

Ok, so that was 3 cents, but inflation is horrendous these days, so blame the economy.....

jaybee83 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.