1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Wireless Internet Randomly Stopped Working on Lenovo Y410

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MeAmRussian, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeAmRussian

MeAmRussian Newbie

This morning I was surfing the web on my Lenovo 3000 Y410 just fine--no problems. Then it just completely randomly stopped working. It disconnect while surfing, and now it just says "No wireless networks available".

I've tried restarting and reinstalling the wireless drivers numerous times. I'm also aware that the Fn + F5 key turns the wireless on/off, but pressing this does nothing. I've tried system restore as well as system recovery, but nothing is working.

What could have possibly gone wrong? I was just browsing a forum and this happened. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, but I assume this has nothing to do with it as the internet has been working just fine until today.

I've very confuzzled :confused:

2. MeAmRussian

MeAmRussian Newbie

Update:

I started reinstalling all the other drivers for the Lenovo, and now when using the Fn keys the notifications started popping up for every Fn key pressed.

NOW, when I press Fn + F5 (the wireless on/off switch) the notification comes up that wireless capabilities have been turned off. But, no matter how many times I press it, it always shuts OFF, and never on (whereas in the past it would alternate on/off)!

Why is this? Why can't I turn on my wireless?

3. joey-t

joey-t Notebook Consultant

On my T500 there is a wireless on/off switch about 4 inches to the left of the touchpad, on the outer edge facing me. Is it possible you also have this external on/off switch and accidentally bumped the switch and turned off your wireless?

Edit -
    I just looked at the manual for the 3000 Y410 and the "Wireless LAN/Bluetooth* switch" is on the front edge of the computer, right below the indicator lights.

4. MeAmRussian

MeAmRussian Newbie

My dear sir, joey-t, I love you.

I have literally wasted hours trying to fix my problem, and I didn't even think that there's an external button. Thank you SO much for you help and your patience to look up something that I should have already done.

5. joey-t

joey-t Notebook Consultant

Glad I could help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.