Wireless drops, wired still works

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The new router is up to date too on firmware?

My last few new routers all needed a firmware update to work correctly.

Unfortunately getting to know "what any of the rest means" is going to be helpful for getting it all to work... use the help menu's in the router, but also download and read from cover to cover the routers user manual(s).

Read it all once, learn it, and reap the benefits for life.

The automated software is always failing, I never try it any more. For the rare times it has worked it hasn't done as good of a job as doing it manually, and it took longer ;)

You should also update your 7260 drivers from Intel, they were problematic in the same way for a very long time, recent drivers - the last year or so - have worked ok.

What OS are you using, Windows 7, 8.1, 10?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm running Windows 7 Pro. I think the issue is with the router and not my laptop because when wireless drops, the wireless connection on my other laptop, Galaxy S6, and iPhone 6S all drop.

I reset my modem and tried it again and now the router set up is able to automatically detect everything. 5GHz is up and running! I will report back if wireless connection drops again!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    TomJGX and hmscott like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.