Wiper blades super short life span

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by ViciousXUSMC, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Do you park under a tree by chance?

My hearse is parked under a tree that leaks a small amount of sap onto it, and my wipers were trashed between the time I last drove it with brand new blades, and a few weeks ago when I cruised it around for halloween.

2. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yeah I am on the outskirts of a tree, it always leaves me little presents on my car especially when the flowers/pollen stuff falls off of it.

Got a new deal on some new wipers $3.xx after rebate so put those on today.

Also got a newer and bigger problem!

While driving today my clutch just went poof and was gone, no pressure in the peddal to disengage the clutch. Pumping it had no effect unlike when my master cylinder went out a few months ago.

There was just enough engage left at the last half inch of pedal to get me in and out of gear and home. When I got home I opened up the master cylinder to see the resivour bone dry. So it looks like my slave cylinder has failed now and I have an internal leak. This is a very expensive repair since the slave is inside the transmission :/

3. jakej

jakej Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any time I hear the word clutch and problem together, it's bad. When I got my car, it needed a new clutch. 8 hours and $200 later it was fixed, but my brother and I busted our balls doing it and I never want to work on anything clutch related again.

4. ViciousXUSMC

Reputations:
    Yep when I got my truck the clutch was almost gone. I had to spend $200 and 8 hours fixing it too :D

Now like 8 years later I am still on the same clutch and its still working like new because I drive a stick really well. The master cylinder that went out was an easy fix, but the slave is inside the transmission so its a big job.

Its worse than I thought too, its not a slow leak. I thought I had a slow leak from when I fixed the master and it just now ran out of fluid. So I filled it up last night and tonight when I went to go to work I had not clutch pressure at all, all the way to the floor. Looks like the slave just totally failed and has a major leak so I cant even drive now. Had to take the wifes van to work, luckly kids are on vacation from school so no issues with her having to take them to school in the morning while I still have the van.

5. Trottel

Trottel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just think about it this way, if it was an automatic there would be a lot more trouble and cost.

6. ViciousXUSMC

Reputations:
    Yeah I have always believed that auto transmissions are expensive and often the first thing to fail in a well cared for car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.