Windshield Wipers?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by HTWingNut, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Anyone have any recommendations for some quality heavy duty windshield wipers? I am tired of the darn things breaking all the time and not doing a great job with clearing heavy rain or snow. And with winter coming up I wants something heavy duty that will last and give me a clean windshield every time. I'm willing to spend $50 for a pair that will work great. Any recommendations?

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I think the biggest problem with windshield wipers is the car manufactures. 95% of them keep them up on the windshield in the weather while they're not in use, instead of tucking them down in the hood for extra protection. Exposed ones only last a year around here, ones that slide down have lasted me over 3 years now.

3. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Try a pair of Bosch.

One thing I've learned is wipers nowadays don't last more than a year. Given the fact you live in the great white north, your winters are wet enough to where you should replace your wipers once a year.

4. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i've never really seen the need to go all out on wipers. maybe because we don't really get alot of harsh weather in the H.

when i replace mine, i just goto the auto parts store and pick the ones that are above the mid-tier ones. they usually come out to be around $40-$50 bucks. they are for safety so i never go with the cheapo ones.

5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    When I know there's some harsh weather coming (snow mainly) and my car is parked I usually pull my wipers up away from my windshield. Looking at the Bosch Icon. Looks pretty nice and hopefully does the job.

6. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i also like the ones that come with "aerodynamic" features. it seems like they do work a little better at higher speeds.

7. CryoBolt

CryoBolt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would also recommend Bosch. They made it through a Northern Michigan winter and are still performing well.

HTWingNut likes this.
  8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    And I live in Michigan... Will give it a try.

9. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Yup I got Bosch replacement ones for my old Integra, and they had the framed OEM ones, and those are RUBBISH at pushing away rain/snow. I got a paid of Bosch for like 60, WORLD of difference literally. The Bosch ones sit flat, so they can push away more rain/snow instead of just pushing it around your windshield wiper. If you are to only spent quality parts on your car for just a few things; tires and windshield wipes, DON'T CHEAP OUT.

10. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    Bosch is good if you get the ones ade in Europe of the USA. Most are made in China and they us a different rubber compound and dont last as long.

For me (drive Honda's) I just buy new inserts from the dealer when I need new ones (about $6) and they are very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.