windows7+norton IS09, and then online chat

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by hydrocyanic, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    obviously NIS09 doesn't support for windows 7; i bought a copy of NIS09 before moving on to W7 so there are still hundreds of days left. after googled there was a pre-release version which i thought my key would work and let me have NIS on my W7 for the remaining of the valid period.

nope.

i asked if i am better off with other IS softwares, "yes, none other support w7 yet" was the respond. (AVG listed their copy as W7 compatible upon a 3second search.)

so there i am, wasted x amount of money on a company that doesn't care for its customer.

good bye norton, forever that is.

is it that difficult to honor me a code that would last exactly the amount of remaining period on my copy? instead they chose to lose a customer forever(and anyone around me as well) regardless of situations.

good job symmentec

2. kegobeer

kegobeer 1 hr late but moving fast

Reputations:
    Have you contacted Symantec?

3. coolguy

coolguy Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You will be eligible for a free compatibility upgrade once Windows 7 is officially released.
    Look here http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp?themeid=windows7

4. hydrocyanic

Reputations:
    you don't wait 6 months only for a condom to make love, i don't? even abortion is too late(not arguing the legal/ethic/religious issue of abortion here) :p

mcafee offers total protection till dec31, 09. norton? 14days(for what?)

5. kegobeer

kegobeer 1 hr late but moving fast

Reputations:
    You screwed up by not doing more research before trying to use your existing key with a beta Norton product on Windows 7. Get over it and stop blaming Symantec for your screw-up. Either go back to Vista, or install a different security suite/anti-virus on Windows 7.

6. hydrocyanic

Reputations:
    which is better to potential customers?

"14days of trial on OS that won't arrive until months later"
    or
    "6months+(as i was late in W7 while using mac) of free testing until the OS arrives months later"

why do i feel compel to reply you anyways? oh i know, that's because it is silly!

7. ATC

ATC Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As a Symantec customer I was surprised how late they were in making NIS work with 7, mostly because just about every other AV program (including the free ones) worked fine with 7 RC.

I'm using Avira on 7 RC and it's been great. I recommend switching to them, even the free Personal edition is awesome and has a higher detection rate than NIS anyhow.

8. coolguy

coolguy Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Who compels you to use NIS 2009 with Windows 7 RC? There is no need for a major security software company to fully support a RC OS.

9. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Download version 16.5, which works with Windows 7, unlike earlier editions, e.g. 16.0 or 16.2. Download it from Softpedia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.