Windows7/8 - Updates to hide to prevent Windows 10 Upgrade / Disable Telemetry

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Hidef1080

Hidef1080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Outstanding. Thanks brother!!!

2. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    All the script does is run that wusa command in the first post to remove all the KB updates listed. As new KBs come out, I will update the script and post it here, someone just needs to let me know whenever I need to update it :)

My batch skills are a bit low these days since I haven't made a batch script since probably Windows 95 hence why it just tells you its removing and to wait and tells you when its finished. To be honest it doesn't really need any more than that though since its a straightforward process.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
  4. stringbuzzzzzz

stringbuzzzzzz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's good to know... If there's anything I can do to help, Just ask.

Just one final, final, cocktail here for the road in a taxi... is she 32bit compatible?

Alright ...one final, final, final.... Can ya give her a name?... like, MiSNo10da

5. stringbuzzzzzz

Reputations:
    That's because nothing in life is free. And they know we know this.

The irony is, If they had just backed off and let it be... Done the right thing...
    I would of been a lot more open to the upgrade without the knowledge of this type of NWO Cr@p.

Seraiel and hmscott like this.
  6. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if it works for 32-bit or not. I haven't used a 32-bit OS in ages but unless Microsoft has combined x86 and x64 updates into the same package, I highly doubt it.

stringbuzzzzzz likes this.
  7. stringbuzzzzzz

Reputations:

Had to re-log in during editing... this is the edit

Thanks Ethrem. If this is unrelated... Another thread can be pursued and I'll post a link to that thread so a connection can be extended.

There is a 32bit version for W10, and the O.S.'s below it. 7, 8, 8.1.
    I'm running W 7 32bit... I think my geezer on steroids, Dell M4400 Precision runs cooler for it. Pros and cons, persist.
    If 32bit gets covered here on your fix... I can hold out longer. Mostly due to my current prefs. and apps. I do have the pop up of Win 10's nag up at start up.. Just as the complaint describes.
    So they're definitely effecting 32bit O.S.'s, as well.
    Because of problems reported... I've been unsure about going 64bit thinking others upgraded and lost compatibility, functionality, with games.
    Specifically... Removed access to older game play-ability with W -7 64bit... Games from the 2004 -10 Ara, in particular. Fear, MS Flight Sim, Battlefield 2, Quake 4, etc.
    Which are important examples among others, at this time.

Maybe someone can verify this. If it's true, it's no accident, and falls inline with the BS MS is playing. Unless my info is wrong on this., The departure of XP. and it's known ease of use and reliability.... Namely., The irremovable service pack 3 from an XP disk, held up these losses until Vista 64 went W-7 64.

Truth or fiction?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What I'm saying is that I don't know if they would use the same KBs.

I didn't know about Quake 4 but you're right. I own the original boxed special edition and the splash screen doesn't work and the installer hangs, just tried it. That's on 8.1 64-bit. It *does* launch from the DVD however (but then complains because it can't get write access and crashes right after I see the Quake logo in glorious 640x480 with my OSD numbers) so I suspect if I played with it I could figure it out. The installer is just broken.

stringbuzzzzzz likes this.
  9. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Works fine

rps20151012_172131.jpg

Post 1.4.2 patch 1080p

rps20151012_173326.jpg

Its rare I find a game that won't work on 8.1 - the reason the installer kept freezing? Disc needed to be cleaned lol. Autorun still crashes but everything else works fine.

10. stringbuzzzzzz

Reputations:
    Thanks bud. That's a bit encouraging in these times of "thow take-th away". And my W-7 is rock solid... I don't relish a new installation to W7 64.
    I might have to track you down for for help... do to never going to this long averted 64 bit transition.
    Which includes maxing the Ram...
    I'll seek independence before you hear a scream... thanks again, Ethrem.