Windows7/8 - Updates to hide to prevent Windows 10 Upgrade / Disable Telemetry

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Aug 23, 2015.

1. JohnSmith75

JohnSmith75 Newbie

Reputations:
    Prefer to hide all updates features on my win7 to prevent my computer from constant damage :rolleyes:

Vasudev, hmscott and Phoenix like this.
  2. HutchMcKinney

HutchMcKinney Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, I installed the latest Simplix Pack and it is deactivated my perfect working Windows 7. Impossible now to activate, not even with windows loader. How can i uninstall latest updates, the ones that Simplix Pack installed?

hmscott likes this.
  3. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Something similar happened to me a month or two back. I went to “restore from disk”, then found a restore point prior to my windows update, f***-up. I had one restore point that saved my behind. Dunno if that helps. *I did have to restore from disk (when I tried a restore point w/o using a disk it didn’t work). Good luck!!

hmscott likes this.
  4. HutchMcKinney

HutchMcKinney Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Shoot, my restore points are missing. I thought they were enabled. Interesting what is going on, hope i do not need to reinstall 7. If so, after i won't apply anymore updates.

hmscott likes this.
  5. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Are you patched for WannaCrypt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  6. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you try Restore from Recovery Disk? You may have at least one restore point prior to your last update when you boot from disk (again, I had to use a Recovery Disk to find a restore point -otherwise I was SOL). Hope you figure it out, good luck

7. Salad Bar Riot

Salad Bar Riot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could it be? Is it really over?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...orced-windows-upgrades-to-an-end-517471.shtml

I'll believe it when I don't see it. I completely stopped updating my Win7 a long time ago so I guess I'll never know.

Btw, thank you to everyone who contributed in this discussion, especially Phoenix & a few others who I learned a hell of a lot regarding Windows and the complete BS MShaft tried to get on my computer. Keep up the great work. :D

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    jaug1337, hmscott, inm8#2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    KB3133977 to be added to the list later today, please avoid this update

Primes, Riley Martin, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    You should elaborate why. Anyone that doesn't read the info at the link will have no clue what a sorry, vile, dishonest, good-for-nothing, low-down, loser outfit Micro$haft has become. They are knowingly releasing a "recommended" automatic update that adds UEFI Secure Boot to Windows 7 computers and renders them unbootable. They are aware of the problem and plan to do nothing about it. This is drive-by vandalism and these scum-bags need to be held accountable for the cost of diagnosing and repairing the damage they are maliciously inflicting on computers around the globe.

This is also a wake-up call on the importance of disabling automatic updates as I have counseled others to do for the last 5 years. These people are not our friends.

@D2 Ultima - please warn your friends in gaming circles so those still running the only good version of Windows (7) available today will not be a victim of the Redmond Mafia's vandalism spree. It's not new info, but a reminder never hurts either. I always forget about these digital land mines because I do not allow automatic updates.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  10. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    sounds like a case of ; "know thy enema" ... errr ... make that "enemy" .
    what has always amused me is that they get away with these behaviors time and time again .