Windows7/8 - Updates to hide to prevent Windows 10 Upgrade / Disable Telemetry

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Installing Win updates on Win 7 or 8.1 computers with Kaby Lake or Ryzen CPUs
    @Phoenix

2. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    F*** windows update filth. The only thing they are updating is the amount of malware they can inject into Win 7/8.1. "it's purely a business decision, and is not to force people to move to Windows 10"

*cough....Bullsh1t......cough*

Ashtrix, steberg, hmscott and 2 others like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The only response that came to me regarding their intentions was, "Liar, liar, pants on fire."

I mean, c'mon... really? I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.

4. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I hear ya! It's a shame that most were born last night, and actually believe the gas that Microsoft blows out their ass. The amount of Microshit generated sunshine crammed up my anal canal is already enough to supply electricity for my house.

Papusan likes this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Next step from Micro$haft will be decreasing gaming performance if you run Windoze 7 and 8.1
    This way can their newest baby Windoze X look much better. They will use all the tricks in the book to do this!! In small steps with Windoze update patches can this be manageable without too much noise.

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    They're already trying to do that. The only way they can make it happen is through lies and deception. They initially started with just lies and the Kool-Aid drinkers all believed it. No need to test and confirm, since Lord Micro$haft says it, it has to be true.

People that don't want Windoze OS X cancer malware need to follow my practice that started several years ago. Do not allow Windows Updates. They are unnecessary, and they are cancerware. My systems are proof. M18xR1, M18xR2, Alienware 18, P570WM, P750ZM, Sky X9, P870DM-G, P870DM3 and Tornado F5, and my wife's XPS 15. Windows 7 SP1, Windows Updates disabled and only selectively applied by me. No antivirus software and no problems.

I do not visit nasty web sites. Those that do should expect STDs on their computer, just as they would if they defile their bodies with exposure to filth.

7. Carcozep

Carcozep Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Ashtrix: If you dig a bit deeper on Woody's blog you will find more viable workarounds:

1. DISM commands on .cab hotfixes still works with no hiccups.
    2. Manually overwriting the Windows Update Client(Wuaueng.dll) with the older version results in a triumph, huge success :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The nagware screen is still shown, but I guess if you go through the hassle of replacing all the files that sum up the Windows Update Client [as detailed here: KB3138612] I guess you can get rid of it. Seems like the user reporting the 2nd workaround hasn't tested this scenario yet.

Basically, we can still use Windows 7 and 8.1 on new machines and keep them secure, but we don't know how long Microsoft will still allow these workarounds to be functional.

Papusan, ajc9988, Ashtrix and 2 others like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    They will implement their trash deep into every single patch they push out. Safety patch or whatever they throw out. Only a fully locked down Win Update will help.
    I'm 110% sure they are capable to cooperate nicely with Nvidia... As they did with Intel and Amd regarding prevent support for Skylake and Kaby in older OS. They will force Nvidia to Inject code in their graphics drivers who will reduce the performance in steps down for Windows 7 and 8.1
    And Windoze X will look as a much nicer options. Just say gaming performance is optimized with Cartoon OS X.

9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yes, they HAVE TO do this. Cheating, manipulation and deception are the ONLY WAYS they can win at anything. Having been born to lose, they have changed the dynamic and now they are master liars, and the illegitimate spawn of the Father of Lies, Satan. They have deep pockets, so they can afford to bribe their 'Partners' into actively participating in their lies. They have the marks tattooed on their hand and their forehead.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Temporary fixes to make a piece of garbage a bit less smelly. But, the flies will come back, and the maggots will begin to feed again. The rot and decay are only temporarily stalled. The cancer OS will always be cancer. It cannot be fixed permanently. It is perma-puke on steroids.

TBoneSan, Raiderman, ajc9988 and 4 others like this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Bypass for Windows Update lock for next-gen processors found - Ghacks.net

Maybe those with AMD Carrizo DDR4 processors need to use this fix in foreseeable time?:rolleyes: Because the M$ Morons don't bothered with a fix in latest Patch Day

"The issue that AMD Carrizo DDR4 processors are detected as next gen processors has not been fixed in these updates. If you install the update rollup on a system with the processor, Windows will prevent the downloading and installation of future Windows Updates."

Raiderman, ajc9988, steberg and 3 others like this.