Windows XP Clean Install

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Arki, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhfradarwill

uhfradarwill Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just bought a T61 with a bad drive. I replaced it and, thanks a lot to this thread, I was able to do a fresh install of XP with no lingering issues.
    Props to Arki (op) for the work. I did SP3 so there were some minor changes but a great guide all the same.
    Thanks

2. Shredder11

Shredder11 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've just used some IBM recovery discs to put Win XP Pro on my x60s 1702-YAB, but the boot time is just over 2mins! I also have a z61p 9452-3NG laptop which came with a non IBM Win XP Pro SP3 install, and that takes 1min to boot. I also have a Corporate Student Edition of Win XP with SP3 integrated, so can I use this to boot from the BIOS and install with?

I recently downloaded a special universal laptop driver program from DriverPack Solution >> Best Drivers installation Software, and it worked fine with my x60s laptop. This normally installs everything in one go without rebooting after each one, but there is an expert mode in the settings menu where you can choose to manually install each driver individually. No IBM ThinkVantage software is part of this driver pack.

3. l1l4

l1l4 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi..
    just found this site..

I followed your steps to clean install Windows XP on my ThinkPad T60
    But after installing Windows XP and restarting, the screen goes blank and there is blinking on the left upper
    (can't load Windows XP)

I use Windows XP Pro SP2 CD for distribution only with a new PC desktop
    is that ok, using that CD?

Kindly help, what should I do :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.