Windows 8: The Thread

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Jayayess1190, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimpanzee

chimpanzee Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    how much faster can it boot when my W7 boot in less than 10 seconds and resume from sleep within 1 second ?

2. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It is faster, how much faster than 10 seconds do you need so I'll agree there. I think for most already running Windows 7 there will be little for Windows 8 to make people upgrade. Unless Metro really takes off that is.

Windows 8 will probably be a requirement on new systems so in order to provide tech help to others you may want to upgrade just to stay current. Hate to spend money just to stay current without some other benefits..........

3. Gintoki

Gintoki Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Anyone know how the Windows forum will be divided when Windows 8 comes out? Will Windows 8 and 7 be in the same forum or will W7 be relegated to its own sub-forum like XP and Vista?

4. dummy27

dummy27 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is the second time I am havingt this problem. I am able to install and use Windows 8, but once I use windows update and restart the computer, I get a blue screen saying an error with the sad face and goes into an endless reboot to the same blue screen. Any idea what is causing this?

5. XPForever

XPForever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Who the hell wants a tablet OS on a PC?

No thanks.

Microsoft, stop trying to copy Apple.

6. MoabUtah

MoabUtah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What does the bsod say?

post the entire message

LOL, agree

7. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    Well they aren't really - what they're trying to do is to leapfrog Apple (probably because MS are still on a far slower product development - at least in terms of public perception - cycle) in software tech terms (because some years down the line Apple is very likely eventually going to merge a beefed-up iPad and their Mac ranges, only at that time it won't seem like the big deal that it may appear to be now) and that's what seems to be upsetting a lot of people...

Still not a fan of how they're implementing it, but on the other hand it's hard to see with the resources at their disposal and the path they've chosen how it could have gone that differently.

8. XPForever

XPForever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hehe all I gotta say is looks like i should change my name to W7Forever XD
    I sense a possible vista-esque flop for microsoft...

9. dummy27

dummy27 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well I completely removed Windows 8 from my computer after hours of trying to find a solution. I can't remember what it said but it had a sad face followed by "There was an error" or something like that. Then there was one line of short code and at the bottom of the screen said "Windows needs to reboot." And the same thing over and over again. I was dual booting Windows 7 and Windows 8 if it matters.

Thanks for the help anyway.

10. spacecowboy

spacecowboy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I get a feeling this could be a flop like Vista, if what we are seeing in the latest version is basically how it's going to be, it could be a nightmare for some people.

I can imagine people with little computer knowledge, used to the classic windows layout, bar at bottom etc having a complete nightmare. They wouldn't know where to start. Not everyone is tech savvy, so if they are faced with the Metro GUI, not having a clue about it or expecting the traditional windows layout, I could imagine a fair few people putting there machines back in the box and returning them back to the store. There's to much of a leap with the current W7 to W8.

I really think there needs to be the option of going back to the traditional layout, so it gives people the option of getting used to the new interface, especially people with little knowledge and would have no clue about how to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.