1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Windows 8 Mouse Pointer Keeps Freezing!

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Haxed, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Haxed

Haxed Notebook Consultant

Just got my new MSI-GT60 OND today,works perfectly apart from the trackpad. Every so often the mouse keeps freezing and I either have to Use the FN + 3 key to disable and re-enable the trackpad or a wait a few minutes. My girlfriend also has a cheap and cheerful Windows 8 Laptop. The same issue happens to her but not as often. Is it some Windows 8 bug and is their anyway to get rid of it?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Probably a funky driver; those are so in these days. Have you tried uninstalling it from Device Manager, then allow Windows to reinstall the default driver?

3. Haxed

Haxed Notebook Consultant

Think ive fixed it by installing the windows 7 driver. Thanks though, if it continues to happen I'll try that :)

P.S I take it I'll need a mouse if I disable the driver? haha

4. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Nice! And not really, haha: if you uninstall the driver, you can use the keyboard to restart the system. Then the driver will auto-install upon reboot.