Windows 8.1 Update Issues and Discussion

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Dannemand, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kira89

Kira89 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i cant see Settings 2.2.0.5 for my notebook(870z5e-IT). why?
    im updating the video driver and many others now. Don't now if updating to windows 8.1 is ok after that

2. headspit

headspit Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,

I encountered the same problems as described in this thread while updating my quite new Ativ Book 7 to Win 8.1.
    Due to this fact I decided to step back to Win 8.0 by recovery mode and wait out till things level off.

So now I'm back at status quo but also experience difficulties concerning display brightness, which I simply can't adjust manually.

Slow but steady I'm starting to freak out, cause screen brightness is permanently automatically adjusted, most time to a very low level.

As far as I see this problem concerns the main graphics (AMD Radeon HD 8570M), which isn't working properly.

Re-Installing drivery by SW Update takes no effect after all.

Could someone please help me out?

Thx in advance!

Rgds,
    Michael
    :hi2:

3. snappersrb

snappersrb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Model: 740u3e-s02de

Nice to see Samsung is working on new drivers.
    I think it's best to stay on Windows 8.0 until we can be absolutely sure about compatability.

I got a new issue. I rolled back to factory image. There is a strange behavior concerning shutdown, standby and restart. When I hit restart, it turns off after 30 seconds at the black screen. In that case, I have to start the system manually.

When I hit shutdown or standby, the system freezes as soon as the screen goes black. In this case I have to turn off the device manually.

Any ideas, folks?

4. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The new touchpad drivers have disabled (removed) loads of features - such as inertia scrolling, natural scrolling etc - returning to the old windows 8 ones

5. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Agggrrrr - can't seem to find the old touchpad drivers - anyone know what version they were? Can't get them off SWSetup anymore

6. belperite

belperite Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I don't seem to have lost these features after updating these drivers - NP77Z5E here.

7. belperite

belperite Newbie

Reputations:
    Annoyingly there seems to be 3 options for the graphics drivers now - the Samsung SW Update, the beta download from AMD, and finally one from Windows Update itself is now being offered. Anyone know which is best?

8. LarsLaps

LarsLaps Newbie

Reputations:
    I luckily have the old drivers on my desktop. Version 11.7.8.5. If you can't find them anywhere I could upload them somewhere for you.

EDIT: For some reason, these drivers won't work now.. They worked perfectly before I updated everything else ...

9. Shrink

Shrink Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'd use the Samsung ones.

Dannemand likes this.
  10. conurus

conurus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am on P09ABK with my NP900X4D, but after updating to Windows 8.1 my Windows is no longer activated. I suspect the new BIOS is to be blamed. Is there a way I can revert back to the previous version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.