Windows 8.1 Update Issues and Discussion

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Dannemand, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhed

rhed Newbie

Reputations:
    Would just like to add to the list the Series 5 Ultra models:

Samsung ATIV Book 5 NP530U4E and NP540U4E

I've only tried the RTM version, and that really didn't go so well as all I got was a black screen and nothing else. Will hold off upgrading to 8.1 until official drivers are released. Also, thanks to the OP for this.

2. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Added a few new relevant quotes to post #2.

3. jawshywashy

jawshywashy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also have NP780Z5E Chronos 7, I'm also have trouble controlling the brightness on my screen. When you open SWUPDATE does it ask you to find your model and save your setup files?

4. spincel

spincel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Seem like Samsung are preparing update the drivers for Windows 8.1. The old upgrade page for Windows 8 has been gone. Now they direct us into new Windows 8.1 with instructions on how to install the update. But I think we might have to wait until they got everything ready, should be not long. Wish they could have everything before the release of 8.1 because Microsoft sent them the RTM a month ago. Hope my old Chronos can have new drivers, especially the graphic driver. :(

5. gizzmoffm

gizzmoffm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hint for ELAN Touchpad driver

I updated my np900x3f-g01de and found that after the update, the ELAN driver does not remember its settings.
    Solution: Remove driver, reboot, install driver (Windows 8, downloadable by SW Update), reboot - works fine :)

Still have issues with Atheros bluetooth software... (sound driver is shown with (!) in device manager)

6. norepinephrine

norepinephrine Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes. Right now SWUpdate is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and it won't correctly detect your system. Like someone said, Samsung should be releasing updates soon enough, but watch out for an SW Update on their website cause it's not going to update by itself.

7. puccini01

puccini01 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just updated and everything is working fine but in Samsung diagnostics it says none of the drivers or applications are installed. All help appreciated

8. newcastlefc200

newcastlefc200 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a np700z3c and when I right click on the desktop it takes an abnormally long time to show the context menu, 16 seconds! I didn't try any other settings as it was late but I hope they work! :(

9. Animaag

Animaag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Samsung UK webpage has an upgrade page up with different models. Here. Unfortunately, my model NP370R5E is not on the list :/

10. jessevl

jessevl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    SWupdate is now updated, doesn't show me any drivers though for my Ativ Book 8, only allshare stuff and the bios update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.