Windows 8.1 One Drive

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by recDNA, Feb 2, 2019.

1. recDNA

recDNA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My one drive app worked great for years.. It still does on 2 of my Windows 10 computers and on my Android phone. Last month the app started freezing on One Drive starting and never got any further. No sync. Also if I go to settings data sync cannot connect to one drive to show me how much data is used nor anything else. If I connect to one drive through browser only old files and those added from phone or Windows 10 computer are there. If I try to manually upload a file from my W8.1 computer to one drive in the browser it freezes on uploading. Same file will upload from phone and shows up in one drive on the browser.

I have tried resetting it with skydrive reset command from command prompt. It does reset. Icon disappears . When I turn it on again with skydrive.exe command it does turn back on shows in the task bar but again it endlessly tries to sync to no avail...

I have tried every suggestion listed in MSN Windows 8.1 forum. I even turned off Webroot. Nothing works..

Help if you can. Thanks!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2. TreeTops Ranch

TreeTops Ranch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No Onedrive syncing here also. Win 7. I have given up on Onedrive and moved on to Dropbox which syncs perfectly with my android tablet.

I believe our problems can be traced to a MS update which failed.

3. recDNA

recDNA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well Windows 8.1 is still supported ao there should be a cure. I just successfully installed six updates on Friday but it had to effect. When computer rebooted I got excited because icon cloud said all files were updated ... but it was to December 1969! When I tried manual sync it just went to eternal sync again. It doesn't actually connect to one drive.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk