Windows 7 Upgrade Program for M17x

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Quadzilla, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    According to Dell if you ordered before the 26th of june you dont get a coupon.

I dont agree with this because you did not get your machine before that date nor did you pay for your machine before that date , but this is how they are handling it sadly.

2. WaR

WaR Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yup. That's what I was told last month. I didn't push the issue since they gave me some ridiculous bonuses when I bought it. But since the poster did say "all" I thought Dell might have changed its mind.

3. aneroid

aneroid Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    regardless of order date? :)

yeah...regardless of order date? :p

@Fasn8d: if u happen to speak with them again, can u ask if it's all regions? since i'm not in my 'purchase country' the contact number they have won't work. hoping they'll inform by email as well.

4. Fasn8d

Fasn8d Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i spoke to a dell rep and he said that everybody will be recieving a win 7 coupon all m17x orders even if u order before june 26

i order mine june 19th and he is sending my coupon

here is a copy of the email he sent me after i got off the phone with him

Dear Jason,

Greetings !

Your issue has been assigned Dell Service Request xxxxxxxxxxx regarding WIN7 upgrade program and System Tag xxxxxxxx need to be updated.

We apologize for the delay in sending you your Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade coupon. We have corrected the issue, which affected our eligible Alien ware customers, and we expect to send you your coupon in the coming weeks.

We will be sending these materials via regular mail rather than e-mail because, in addition to the official Microsoft Windows 7 registration code, your coupon comes with an important informational booklet .

However, customers may register for the Microsoft Windows 7 upgrade until January 31,2010, so your code and materials should arrive several months before the registration deadline.”

We are working to update the system tag on our records. Once I receive any update will keep you posted.

5. lindir

lindir Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    wish they were that friendly at Dell France

6. monkey123456

monkey123456 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    fan8d-

Do you know where on the dell website I can apply for the windows 7 upgrade... I ordered mine on june 25th 2 hours away from midnight... 2 hours before june 26th... I havent called them on this... but if there is a way I can upgrade via applying on the interenet if i ordered a M17x, that would be great!

UPADATE: TOLD I WILL BE GETTING MY COUPON...THANKS ALIENWARE/DELL
    thanks

7. jdl1234

jdl1234 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone get there coupon yet? Guess i need to call dell again as it has been 2 weeks and no coupon.

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    I talked to them yesterday about it and they were told 4-6 weeks now:( keeps changing it seems.

9. ita_a55ass1n

ita_a55ass1n Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Ya... Dell told me its going to be in 5-7 days, and that was 2 weeks ago =P I'm just going to wait and see what happens

10. Encephalon9986

Encephalon9986 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I contacted Alienware and they told me i was not going to receive the upgrade coupon. Here is the email i received.

Dear Mr. Brown,

Thank you for contacting Alienware.

I regret to inform you that you will not be receiving a Windows 7 upgrade code. In this case, this option is only available for systems purchased after July 26.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Randall Cubero
    Alienware Technical Support Team
    Alienware Corporation
    Phone: 1-866-287-6727

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.