Windows 7 on a CF-30MK2

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by toughasnails, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    So I am going to install W7 on this 30MK2. Did not get very far and noticed that I could not adjust the screen brightness so am wondering if I am using the wrong drivers...vista?? So who has installed W7 on there CF-30MK2

PLEASE POST HERE WITH INFO FOR THE CF-30 MK2 W7 INSTALL ONLY
    we have 2 threads now on the Windows 7 install on the CF-30 MK2. This thread and this one http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/744657-cf-30mk2-vista-w7-upgrade.html

POST ALL CF-30 MK1 W7 INSTALL QUESTIONS HERE... http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/476149-how-load-windows-7-cf-30-mk1-model.html

2. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    Windows 7 was already installed on this one unit when I got it so I kept it. It just didn't look like it had any drivers on it. Main reason I haven't swapped to the ssd yet but it's coming.

I installed W7 on a unit I sent another board member so I will have to check with him also on that.

I just went through all my hotkeys. Sound on off, volume up down, sleep, battery, keyboard lights up and down. All check. Went to the screen brightness the icon comes up but doesnt' appear to be going up and down. I am wanting to say it was working before because when I first got this unit and took it to fire school with me it worked fine because I turned the light down when I turned the light off in bed some. I have tried a lot of different combo of drivers to get different results. Let me do some more digging. I have two more of these units to set up and get rid of so I got time to look into this. I have a spare caddy to tonight I will drop in that used 160gb intel ssd I just got off into it and see how it goes. I just haven't used that feature a lot so I will have to see.

I can also pop in vista on those other units to see how it goes on an upgrade if that is needed.

3. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    I see for the Mk3 they offer windows 7 drivers for the CF-30K/L.

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/itn/support/win7info.html

Looking under all drivers, cf-30, cf-30K/L Mk3 they offer two widows 7 options. 7 upgrade and 7 32bit.

This gives you lots of results, some are windows 8 upgrades. Type in windows 7 at the top in the search bar of the driver search to narrow it down.

Maybe the hotkey drivers need to be updated. I remember on the CF-50 and 51 I had hotkey/misc driver problems until I got a windows 7 version on there from another model.

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/dow...ation_Instructions_30K_L_Win7_H-2009-0319.pdf

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/search?q=windows+7&button=&dc[]=002001&p1=116&p2=1160042&oc=001016&lang=

http://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/itn/support/win7info4_1930.html

4. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    I used mk3 drivers on mine. Usual deal. Unzip with 7zip then run install. My screen hotkeys work as they should. I have an entire zipped package of win7 cf30 drivers. I can upload to cloud tonight when I get home. If i remember correctly, 1 driver was an issue. TPM or AMT??? I know I used a mk30 win7 driver. maybe under mk3 that one was missing?
    I did clean install of win7 on my fresh format ssd. I can give more info later.

5. toughasnails

Reputations:
    Thanks guys for the info...I still have 2 more night shifts to go but Shawn if you do get it uploaded to cloud let me know. This weekend when I am off will give it a try again. I have a SSD to put in it too from my 52MK4 , upgraded it to a 256GB.

6. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    I am having the same issue. I tried all the various hotkey drivers for Vista and W7... I also tried the Misc and common components drivers... All with no luck.

I'll be checking into this thread....

7. toughasnails

Reputations:
    I know it sure would be nice to have a driver pack with all the working drivers as we do for the CF-30 MK1

8. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    My, My, My...Are we a tad impatient?:hi2:..:D
    It was a real long and bad day at work. Took a few hours to unwind. Also had an issue with Win7 not wanting to share files across my homegroup. The files are on the 30. The desktop was 10 feet away..I can be persistent.. USB flash drive would have been too easy.
    IM.no..AM.no..PM.. Yeh that's it PM...........

9. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The screen brightness slider gives me the same problem. It works perfectly, until I release the keys. Then it goes back to where it was. I have tried different drivers, but never found a fix. It probably is the same old thing: you have to install the right drivers in the right order.

My work-around is to go to the control panel, and right-click on "Power Options", then "Create Shortcut". This puts a shortcut on the desktop with a slider at the bottom that works perfectly.

10. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    ^^^THIS^^^

Same issue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.