Windows 7 installation help for Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake laptops

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Atom Ant, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Stalmi321

Stalmi321 Newbie

Reputations:
    Could you please advise how did you manage to fix touchpad issues?

I have tried everything what I have found in the internet and that is the only thing, which does not work.
    I am stuck at this point:
    After installation of this https://support.lenovo.com/pl/en/downloads/ds500434 or this https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/pl/en/...s/320-15ikb-type-81bg-81bt/downloads/ds500675 driver, the device manager looks like that:

[​IMG]

Translation:
    This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

After installation of one of the two drivers from the top here https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=syna2b3c, it looks like that:

[​IMG]

Translation:

There is no installed drivers for this device.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. cincinnatus

cincinnatus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What? Impossible!

Are you sure you are using ruby lake? Is it an asus zenbook?

3. cincinnatus

Reputations:
  4. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Raze blade pro 2017, Kaby lake, I am not mistaken. Sorry if you cannot google enough to figure out, took me a couple of hours but I got it to work.

Did not matter in the end because I could not make graphics work in windows 7 for internal LCD, only over HDMI, so really no point for me.

5. cincinnatus

Reputations:
    I didn't mean to sound hostile in my reply. Sorry about that. It was the surprise.

HID over I2C is not supported by Windows 7, see:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj126201(v=vs.85).aspx

That means your touchpad is not using I2C (which is what you wrote before) when working.
    I think your touchpad can be configured to use different interfaces (I2C OR the older ones) or something like that. You weren't really using I2C.

I did google. Example:
    https://www.win-raid.com/t3802f42-I...chpad-in-Windows-Asus-Precision-Touchpad.html

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  6. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    It is 100000000% i2c, I helped write the patch to make it work in MacOS, Elan, Synaptics, others have generic i2c touchpad drivers that work in windows 7. Mine is run over intel i2c bus, generic synaptics, + gpio

Maleko48 and Vasudev like this.
  7. cincinnatus

Reputations:
    So you wrote a driver that can access the touchpad via I2C even if it isn't handed any resources from the ACPI BIOS to communicate with it?
    Why are you not sharing this patch then?

Stalmi321 asked for your help but you didn't answer.
    Several users have had this problem but you didn't answer.

-___-

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  8. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    because it is highly variable, took hours to get right, and I do not release things that I cannot personally test and verify work. If you had blaze pro 2017, I can help, otherwise, must pave your own way. Google is a great tool. Sorry

PS: I2C trackpad has resources via ACPI/DSDT available to be accessed by windows 10, at least in the razer blade pro case. Your BIOS/ACPI tables may not, as I said, highly variable. I could not overcome my problem with intel hd 630 because of razer's special implementation of their graphics switch, many other kaby lake people have no problem

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Madrycki1902

Madrycki1902 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I have the same problem as the user Stalmi321.Only needs a driver for touchpad. My laptop is Asus ROG Strix Gl503VD on which I installed Windows 7. I miss only driver for touchpad I2C. I tried everywhere I installed various drivers did not give anything. I care about that touchpad on the mouse is hard to get used to. I knew in the device manager that the device is ELAN 1200. When I installed one driver from Synaptics, the touchpad started to react to the finger movements but did not quite work as it should work (the mouse ran away in different directions) I'm waiting for answers will it be possible to arrange such a driver.

10. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    Just figure out if you can live without touchpad. Otherwise for Windows 7 I reccommend Dell. There drivers can be found for machines up to 7th gen Intel processors.