]]>

Windows 7 installation help for Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake laptops

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Atom Ant, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Atak_Snajpera

Atak_Snajpera Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please provide HARDWARE ID for missing device

Raiderman likes this.
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You should be able to pull them from the driver package available here.

3. Atak_Snajpera

Reputations:
    OK. Thanks.

Raiderman likes this.
  4. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe I can get this new version to work for me. I love this tool too. I have a SSD that will be here Saturday to install Windows 10 on for benchmarking. I will try and use it while in Windows 10.
    Thanks @Atak_Snajpera for your work on this! You should create a dedicated thread for this, and I think it should be stickied

Mr. Fox and Maleko48 like this.
  5. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just installed Windows 7 on my new Dell 7577's SATA SSD using @Atak_Snajpera's tool. Was running into an unspecified error at initial disk partitioning stage while in Legacy, Secure Boot OFF, RAID. Switched my disk mode to AHCI in BIOS and it allowed me to install it to my SATA SSD without a hitch. Now I may see if I can get it to install to my NVMe drive. Will report back if/when I need more help. Big thanks to @Atak_Snajpera since I was having no luck manually integrating drivers and updates via NTlite and Simplix pack. Still hoping to master that method though TBH.

6. Atak_Snajpera

Reputations:
    Done. I've just reuploaded whole package with Rivet Networks LAN drivers. I've also updated Atheros Wireless drivers and AMD GPU drivers.

steberg, saturnotaku and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I finally got around to testing this tool. First two attempts to use it failed. I was trying to output the new modded ISO to the desktop. I chose the same folder as the tool (which I unzipped on the desktop) and that worked. So, anyone having issues with it erring out, if you're trying to save the new ISO to the desktop, choose another location.

My new ISO is actually an AIO (64-bit only) ISO rather than single version. (I thought the ISO I downloaded was Ultimate only and named it accordingly.) This process took a couple of hours to run, probably because it was injecting Home Basic, Home Premium, Pro and Ultimate. Nice job, Brother @Atak_Snajpera. @Phoenix tried it yet?

upload_2018-2-4_11-26-53.png

Raiderman likes this.
  8. Atak_Snajpera

Reputations:
    What was exact error message? I'm asking because I always save ISO on desktop and no issues so far.

Uncheck "Apply to all editions" next time.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    There was one error and both times it was "unable to find specified file" (or something similar to that). Both times is was about 30 minutes into the process. As soon as I made the destination for the new ISO another location it completed without error.

I did not mind waiting. I wish the ISO had not been an AIO version simply because I don't like an AIO ISO. I only use the Pro/Ultimate versions of Windows, so the Home Basic and Home Premium being included are pointless. I would prefer to have only Pro and Ultimate standalone ISO. I cannot find an Ultimate-only ISO available for download except from sketchy web sites. I do have a Pro-only ISO.

Raiderman likes this.
  10. Atak_Snajpera

Reputations:
    Official ISOs from M$ always had multiple editions. Download and see en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.