Windows 7 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wayyy late on the reply, thanks by the way! Yeah, much to my surprise, Simplix was able to unbundle, rebundle without any issues. Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't his March update include the Standalone? This could be promising if come 2020, say we all throw in $$ to continue to support his project, he could offer the extended support?

2. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    you'll just have to ask in the MDL forums about the Simplix pack.

Ultra Male and Riley Martin like this.
  3. Riley Martin

Reputations:
    Tough crowd on MDL. Id rather hone my RU chops and post on simplix.info :p Thanks epguy!

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  5. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The last "pure" Windows :(

Mr. Fox, Riley Martin and Papusan like this.
  6. Riley Martin

Reputations:
    Can one revert back to blocking IE 10/11 on a Live System already updated to inclue IE11?
    One machine I left at IE9 (using the Toolblocker), and another Id changed. IE11 has a couple processes I dislike that are set to auto-start (DiskCache? or CacheTask? -I'm on a machine w/o IE11, sorry, can't recall). RAM is important, but it's not the main reason... I don't want the extra processes running (which on can't stop using command lines, nor Task Managaer).

These IE11 hidden OS folders in users/appdata/local (I think DOM Store and Indexed DB are new to IE11?). Mostly, CacheTask cannot be killed process. Best I could find was this thread,
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...k-object/218fb751-5933-4b7b-b98d-ced22c760656
    user Zuhl3156's follow up, page #1 might be the reason.
    *SO, can I uninstall IE11 using ie10/11 toolblocker? Or any other ideas to remove IE11 on a live System?

thanks much for any help or feedback!! *Also, love this revised thread UM! (good stuff!)