Windows 7 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wayyy late on the reply, thanks by the way! Yeah, much to my surprise, Simplix was able to unbundle, rebundle without any issues. Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't his March update include the Standalone? This could be promising if come 2020, say we all throw in $$ to continue to support his project, he could offer the extended support?

2. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    you'll just have to ask in the MDL forums about the Simplix pack.

Spartan and Riley Martin like this.
  3. Riley Martin

Reputations:
    Tough crowd on MDL. Id rather hone my RU chops and post on simplix.info :p Thanks epguy!

4. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  5. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The last "pure" Windows :(

Mr. Fox, Riley Martin and Papusan like this.
  6. Riley Martin

Reputations:
    Can one revert back to blocking IE 10/11 on a Live System already updated to inclue IE11?
    One machine I left at IE9 (using the Toolblocker), and another Id changed. IE11 has a couple processes I dislike that are set to auto-start (DiskCache? or CacheTask? -I'm on a machine w/o IE11, sorry, can't recall). RAM is important, but it's not the main reason... I don't want the extra processes running (which on can't stop using command lines, nor Task Managaer).

These IE11 hidden OS folders in users/appdata/local (I think DOM Store and Indexed DB are new to IE11?). Mostly, CacheTask cannot be killed process. Best I could find was this thread,
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...k-object/218fb751-5933-4b7b-b98d-ced22c760656
    user Zuhl3156's follow up, page #1 might be the reason.
    *SO, can I uninstall IE11 using ie10/11 toolblocker? Or any other ideas to remove IE11 on a live System?

thanks much for any help or feedback!! *Also, love this revised thread UM! (good stuff!)

7. Spartan

Reputations:
  8. Spartan

Reputations:
    Simplix UpdatePack 7 19.8.15

Papusan and hmscott like this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I hope this means Microsoft will extend Windows 7 support longer now to support DX12 in Windows 7.

The worry I have is that Microsoft will use DX12 as a Trojan Horse and piggyback on the Windows 10 spyware and telemetry.

As part of a last ditch effort to track and steal privacy information from people that know better than to move to Windows 10 to avoid all of that.

Microsoft may have figured this out and decided to try to sneak in that Windows 10 crap into a "DX12" update for Windows 7.

There's nothing I care about that DX12 offers that isn't supported in DX11 so I can do without the DX12 for Windows 7.

Also, don't the video card drivers need to support DX12 per OS? The driver for Windows 7 wouldn't currently support DX12. Also, this might require upgrades to games to enable DX12 support on Windows 7 as well. So the actual DX12 support will be spotty at best.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Amen to that. So far, I find most games are not Windoze OS X-only play better on DX11 than they do on DX12.

I suspect they are doing it because they found a new angle for generating a revenue stream, or to keep the spigot turned on. It's sure as hell not out of the kindness of their heart and there has to be more in it for them than there is for consumers. That's how they roll. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts and geeks bearing GIFs.

Raiderman, Papusan and hmscott like this.