Windows 7 Clean install Guide for Vaio FZ

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by coolguy, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Beetle Juice

Beetle Juice Newbie

Reputations:
  2. leveret

leveret Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I would like to install Windows 10 on my FZ31S, but I am very bad IT man. More accurate instruction is needed for me (aka first post for Windows 7 and 8))). Does anybody create instruction for clean install Windows 10 for FZ-series?

Thanks

3. leveret

leveret Newbie

Reputations:
    There are no the headings in file nvszci.inf

4. Iperzampem0

Iperzampem0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I don't know if it's relevant to say but since two/three or more versions of the official Nvidia drivers, I can just install those without having to modify the .inf files.

And they seem to work just fine, so for example now I have the latest 341.95 installed on Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607).

5. Geneon

Geneon Newbie

Reputations:
    I don´t read the whole thread, because it have now 147 sites:eek: But there are some new drivers, if someone posted it already, then sorry for doublepost:

SFEP (Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device Driver) 8.0.2.3 (32bit/64bit)
    ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/ORIGINAL/SONY_SFEPDRIVER.ZIP

Texas Instruments Memory Card Driver 2.0.0.20
    It seems that this is only 32bit Driver, because there is only one .inf file, I don´t try them on my 64bit Win7.
    ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/ORIGINAL/MEMORY%20CARD%20READER%20WRITER%20DRIVER%20TI_2.0T_2.0.0.20.ZIP

Can someone please help me with the Win7 64bit Driver for the Webcam Ricoh (Sony VGP-VCC4). I can not find them. Thanks.

6. no1uknow

no1uknow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello
    It's been over 5 years since I last posted here on this thread. Stopped by to say that my Vaio FZ-290 is still running strong and will be 9 years old this November!

Windows 10 v1607 runs great on this laptop. If anyone has any trouble running Win10 on an FZ series laptop, please feel free to post your issues and I will do my best to help.

Thank you again coolguy (aka Rajesh) for all of your help. If it weren't for you, none of us would have figured out how to install Windows 7 on these laptops back in the day. Your expertise and knowledge has kept my Vaio FZ from the brink of obsolescence.

jsbrigo and Iperzampem0 like this.
  7. Iperzampem0

Reputations:
    You're 100% right on everything and I still have it running well with an SSD (the first Samsung 830).
    The only issue I have is that every day I'm getting random reboots due to, I think, a driver issue with the Intel 4965 wireless card.

Have you guys had the same behavior as mine? Any solution would be much appreciated :)
    Thanks again!

8. no1uknow

no1uknow Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Iperzampem0, I haven't experienced any of those symptoms, but I also almost never use the Intel WiFi Link 4965 card. My laptop mostly stays plugged in to Ethernet.

I would suggest trying the latest available driver for Win7 which is 13.4.0.139. Its a couple months newer than the default driver installed with Win8-Win10. If that does not resolve your issue, you may want to consider buying a USB wireless adapter.

You might also want to try replacing the Intel Wifi Link 4965 card with something newer, like the Intel Wireless AC 7260 card. This is not guaranteed to work though and you would have to fully disassemble the Vaio and purchase a bracket to fit it in.

Iperzampem0 likes this.
  9. Iperzampem0

Reputations:
    @no1uknow Thanks for your suggestion, I've updated a few days ago the WiFi driver to the very latest available but random reboots still happens after a while, seems more like when the Vaio is in idle (not into sleep mode though), but I've also disabled, since the Windows 10 installation, the power setting of the Intel card to not go into sleep.

I don't remember the exact error code that I can see for a few seconds when the Blue screen of death appears, but it's surely related to a network component, either the WiFi or the Ethernet driver/chipset (?).

10. jsbrigo

jsbrigo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Geneon:
    drivers are up to date and running well on my VAIO FZ31s already
    no idea about webcam... I cannot find any suitable for that

I'd like also to find an up-to-date audio driver for STAC9872
    ...unfortuntelly the last one is coolguy modded 6370 (coming from the lastest intel package)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016